Sign in to follow this  
Remember The Alomar

Boxing Thread

Excellent performance by Tyson Fury tonight. I much prefer MMA to boxing, but Fury really dominated the fight against a great champion. Was fun to watch.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:33 PM, luismatos4prez said:

Excellent performance by Tyson Fury tonight. I much prefer MMA to boxing, but Fury really dominated the fight against a great champion. Was fun to watch.

I didn't really like the buildup to this fight.  Fury fanboys really got on my nerves, and I hadn't liked Fury's fighting style against high level opponents leading up to this one, and as a fan of violence, I like knockout artists like Wilder.  I also disliked the fanboys whining that Fury got robbed in the first fight.  (No he didn't, there's no way he won 8 out of 10 non-knockdown rounds, and there isn't a judge in the entire world that would give Fury a round in which he got knocked down without scoring a knockdown himself.)

That said, Fury outclassed Wilder today.  I liked the more aggressive style he showed, and he showed really good power in this fight since he actually decided to step into his punches instead of just throwing little arm swats.