OFFNY

vs. TIGERS 9/23

I just figured out what song that new John Riggins Show commercial is doing a royalty-free ripoff of:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cr9aOWbzvCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well guys this one is turning into a battle of the bullpens. With our bullpen's recent track record, and especially since Jim Johnson had an off day yesterday, I'm thinking we'll be able to hold them down. The question is, in which inning will we score the go-ahead run(s): 8, 9, or extra innings?

Well guys this one is turning into a battle of the bullpens. With our bullpen's recent track record, and especially since Jim Johnson had an off day yesterday, I'm thinking we'll be able to hold them down. The question is, in which inning will we score the go-ahead run(s): 8, 9, or extra innings?

Simon has thrown only 88 pitches. He might come out for the 8th inning, no ?

I have a feeling this one's going extras. I doubt if we can score off Phil Coke, he's pretty nice, and I don't think they are going to score off JJ or Strop if we decide to use them.

I just figured out what song that new John Riggins Show commercial is doing a royalty-free ripoff of:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cr9aOWbzvCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man, this song is really cheesey. Wonder why they decided to do a ripoff of this?

I don't mind seeing a solid, effective SP take the mound for the 8th, but after a certain number of pitches you worry that he's too tired and running the risk of giving up a gopher ball. Not to mention the risk of injury increases the more you work them in a single game.

Alfredo is welcome to battle to an impressive 8-inning, 3-run game, but if it starts to look ugly, give him the hook. Keep him on a very short leash in a tie game.

Serviceable, Alfredo. Only one walk, and you threw a lot of strikes.

SIMON TONIGHT:

IP: 8

H:o 6

R:o 3

BB: 1

SO: 5

Pitches: 105 (68 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2011 ERA: 4.85

Well, considering that they have Valverde and Benoit in the pen and we have Strop and JJ, this is almost certainly going to be extra innings. I don't think they'd bring out Simon for the bottom of the 9th with 102 pitches, would they?

So now it's definitely a reliever game. And unless we score in top 9, it's probably extra innings.

I hope we score at least 2 runs in the top 9, but the bats on both teams have been quiet tonight.