OFFNY

vs. TIGERS 9/23

Serviceable, Alfredo. Only one walk, and you threw a lot of strikes.

SIMON TONIGHT:

IP: 8

H:o 6

R:o 3

BB: 1

SO: 5

Pitches: 105 (68 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2011 ERA: 4.85

Nice job Alfredo!!!!:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Is Reynolds really a bad 1B? I guess that was an easy play anyone makes? He sure makes a lot of easy plays.

He is who he is. He just made a goofy mistake yesterday (I think) on a 3-2-3 double play attempt, missing the throw from the catcher that was catchable.

Nice job Alfredo!!!!:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Don't mind my comments when it comes to our starting pitchers. I'm a tough love fan with them. Last week, Tommy Hunter pitched 7 shutout innings, and I said "Good enough, Tommy." Then, Zach Britton threw 7 innings and gave up only one run, and I said the same for him: "Good enough, Zachary."

Don't mind my comments when it comes to our starting pitchers. I'm a tough love fan with them. Last week, Tommy Hunter pitched 7 shutout innings, and I said "Good enough, Tommy." Then, Zach Britton threw 7 innings and gave up only one run, and I said the same for him: "Good enough, Zachary."
Yeah you do have some hard standards when it comes to our starting pitchers.;)

Whew. That was almost an inning worthy of Kevin Gregg, minus the opposing team scoring. But the men on base and the nail biting was definitely Gregg-worthy.

Hopefully Jim can come out for the bottom of the 10th and have a much less ... interesting inning.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Would that just be due to attrition from players that have graduated? 
    • I'm also blaming @LookinUp as I read his interpretation, too, before looking at the cover.  
    • I do not read this headline as saying Rutschman is the no. 1 prospect in MLB.   It’s saying he’s no. 1 on the Orioles.    As to our system being “pitching rich,” of the Orioles’ top 10, 5 are pitchers; of our top 20, 10 are pitchers.   So it’s a 50/50 system and if you look around baseball, that’s the norm.   I’d say our system has slightly above average hitting and pitching right now, and it’s a slightly above average system.   I’d say we might have a little more depth once you get beyond the top 10 pitchers in the system than most teams, but we’re not overflowing with top-end pitching talent.     
    • Remember when major league baseball assumed that putting games on TV meant that nobody would come to the games and they'd go bankrupt?  Well, no, you and I don't, but in the 50s that was a common theme.  Of course now they make more money from TV and streaming than gate revenues.  Or close. As much as the Orioles have progressed the last few years an attitude like that on some things may still prevail. Or more likely they have contracts with the cable companies and DirecTV that they won't put it on streaming in exchange for more money from people who don't watch sports.
    • Am I wrong in thinking MASN could make more money making it available on streaming devices? I look at this way..the average age of the baseball fan is far older than most sports.  Most older people are not going to give up cable.  It’s “easier” than the steaming services in many ways.  It’s the younger generation that is going away from cable.  Wouldn’t it make sense to also allow those generations to see your product in different ways?
    • Yeah, I think your interpretation is most likely correct.  I didn't read it that way initially.  
    • Thanks.  Too bad.  To add to my list, I just realized last night that I don't have a good solution for BBC America without Directv or a streaming service other than Hulu.  Can't go without Dr. Who and Top Gear.  Will continue to research options...
  • Popular Contributors