Sign in to follow this  
The Rick

The Last Stand: Send Boston Home Crying

Classy remark by Buck to say that the ump "got it right" on the call regarding Ellsbury. He could have went on a tangent there, but took the high road.

There, that was easy!!! Best win since Cal grabbed that soft liner in 83 to clinch the series. Sent the Sox and their nation back to Montgomery County with awesome pink hats crushed in their little hands. If anybody wants one just check the trash cans at Camden Yards or at the office tomorrow!!! Goodbye Sox! Just picked up my Rays hat. Now part of Rays Nation!!

I had a couple buddies over to watch the game so I could not post in the game thread but reading over this today at work, I cannot wait to seriously make the playoffs. I mean, I got goosebumps just reading everyone's responses. This town is a sleeping giant if the O's ever get in.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wqb0em452CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fiddle. Not Dirty H2O

This why O's fans are so great. What a great read. The human emotion of an amazingly fantastic night captured here forever. Thanks guys. I was at the game living it in real time and I'm still on a cloud.

• Upvote 1

THANK YOU ORIOLES FOR SHOWING UP.

Insulting that this best team ever crap was being handed out to a bunch of primmadonnas. The Red Sox are the team us Jays and Orioles fans love to hate. High payrolls, sense of entitlement from fans and all around bangwagon fans. Johnny Damon states it all, thank you Orioles!

On Tuesday, when I asked him about the collapse of the team, Gonzalez blamed the schedule, not the Almighty.

"We play too many night games on getaway days and get into places at 4 in the morning," Gonzalez said. "This has been my toughest season physically because of that. We play a lot of night games on Sunday for television and that those things take a lot out of you."

I told Gonzalez that teams like the Red Sox and Yankees have long had those challenges, it's part of playing for a high-profile team.

"Why does it have to be?" he said. "They can put the Padres on ESPN, too. The schedule really hurt us. Nobody is really reporting that."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/09/carl_crawford_a.html

This-is-the-Reason-Why-Your-Baby-Crying.jpg

• Upvote 2

On Tuesday, when I asked him about the collapse of the team, Gonzalez blamed the schedule, not the Almighty.

"We play too many night games on getaway days and get into places at 4 in the morning," Gonzalez said. "This has been my toughest season physically because of that. We play a lot of night games on Sunday for television and that those things take a lot out of you."

I told Gonzalez that teams like the Red Sox and Yankees have long had those challenges, it's part of playing for a high-profile team.

"Why does it have to be?" he said. "They can put the Padres on ESPN, too. The schedule really hurt us. Nobody is really reporting that."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/09/carl_crawford_a.html

Wow, just wow. When your payroll is as high as their's is, they should have a tougher schedule, as he puts it. What a joke.