ChaosLex

Roch: According to industry sources, Dipoto is looking like the top choice for the Angels

Would anyone be upset if we get one of the three: Levine,Lacava or Dipoto ? I guess Jennings if the Marlins will give him a chance to interview. Funny,the Marlins can steal a manager during the season but can't let one of their own interview.

Would anyone be upset if we get one of the three: Levine,Lacava or Dipoto ? I guess Jennings if the Marlins will give him a chance to interview. Funny,the Marlins can steal a manager during the season but can't let one of their own interview.

I know you've already given us more than enough information (and many thanks for that) but do you have any idea who the favorite is? I wouldn't be upset with any of those three.

I'd be happy with either of those four. And I agree about Jennings. Honest Jeff Loria gives Pete Angelos a run for his money in the worst owner running.

I already know what is going to happen. It's gonna go on and on for days even after the WS and the 3 guys we want will either stay in their current job or take the Angels job. We will end up with retread #145 and try to spit shine a turd.

Wow, I am negative. ;)

Hopefully I am completely wrong and everything works out. :)

The Mythbusters polished a turd once. Maybe we should hire Jamie Hyneman. At least he could distract us with explosions and special effects.

Any of them would be an excellent choice....and one I would be shocked they would make.

Not at all. My order of happiness would be Dipoto, Lacava, Levine...but I would be very pleased with any of the three.

Any of them would be an excellent choice....and one I would be shocked they would make.

Why would you be shocked, at this point? They're interviewing them, aren't they?

And, it's not like Angelos has never made a good GM hire. Gillick was a good choice. Wren was probably a good choice, though he was let go for stupid reasons. I'd even say MacPhail was a good hire, though it didn't really succeed.

To me, the bigger shock will be if somebody good accepts the job. I hope they will, because any GM job is hard to get. But I could easily see these guys looking at what's going on here and politely declining an offer.

The Mythbusters polished a turd once. Maybe we should hire Jamie Hyneman. At least he could distract us with explosions and special effects.

Right, they had to dry out that turd until it became a powder, then add water and reshaped the whole turd.

That does sound like the Orioles...

I have lost track -- beside the Orioles and Angels, is anyone else looking for a GM? (I'm assuming Boston is done.)

At the moment, no.

I have lost track -- beside the Orioles and Angels, is anyone else looking for a GM? (I'm assuming Boston is done.)
At the moment, no.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/18/report-theo-epstein-actively-looking-to-hire-gm-in-order-to-become-cubs-president/

Many were surprised when SI’s Jon Heyman reported earlier today that the Cubs were interested in hiring Padres general manager Jed Hoyer. Now it makes a lot of sense.

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Theo Epstein is “actively looking” to hire a general manager, a move that would enable him to become the Cubs’ president of baseball operations.

Jon Heyman via the Twitter:

Baseball folks are suggesting jerry di poto has decent shot at orioles job. Tony la cava among other interviewees.