Sign in to follow this  
Birds of B'more

Week 7: Ravens v Jaguars Post-Game Thoughts

By the way, how do you use Leach on two plays in a row to get off the half yard line? The guy is wrecking ball, not ball carrier.

The Leech screen has become the Stallworth reverse! Both were and are worthless plays but Cam keeps going back to them!

By the way, how do you use Leach on two plays in a row to get off the half yard line? The guy is wrecking ball, not ball carrier.

I have been harping on this for awhile. The man had not a single rush in Houston the last two years and had a total of 3 between 07 and 08. Hes not a runner. We really shouldn't be using him in the passing game either. Let the man be an animal and block.

Makin me mad...

In regards to Leach: The best part is, he doesn't even complain about not getting the ball! It's not like McClain last year, who would whine if he didn't get a few touches. We've seen quotes from Leach that say he just wants to hit people. Let him do that.

That was actually one call that I thought was intelligent given the realities of the game. The way the Jacksonville D was blowing our line off the ball it was too dangerous to hand the ball off to the tailback there. The chances of a tackle for a loss for a safety were too high.

It's not the Raven's style to fire coaches mid-season, but goodness gracious man, that game plan last night should have been a fire-able offense. Don't get me wrong, the O-line, Rice, the receivers and Flacco all need to take blame, but the lack of cutback runs, or runs in general along with a plain Jane, vanilla passing scheme that apparently didn't include Dickson was ridiculous.

The players should be taking blame on the execution, but the constant for everyone is the poor coaching putting them in that position.

What can this team do? They don't want to fire the bad coach because it is too far into the season to make changes to the offense, but keeping the coach puts them at risk of more games like this.

There isn't anyone on-staff that can run just a better version of this offense for ten-to-twelve weeks?

I still can't believe what I watched last night, it was by far the worst I have ever seen this offense. If something doesn't change with this play calling , I'm going to freak out.lol. I mean what is with us waiting untill half time to change the game plan??? There was no communicating on the side lines between nobody the whole game untill 5 minutes to go in the game. Shouldn't we see Cam and Flacco tryin to figure things out non stop till they find out what is going to work. Everybody was sitting round feelin bad for themselves, like when Rice fumbled somebody should be talkin him up not let him sit by himself like they showed on t.v. If Cam Cameron cost us this year ,he better not be back next year. Why does it seem like Harbs is in love with this clown??? I don't get it .

I still can't believe what I watched last night, it was by far the worst I have ever seen this offense. If something doesn't change with this play calling , I'm going to freak out.lol. I mean what is with us waiting untill half time to change the game plan??? There was no communicating on the side lines between nobody the whole game untill 5 minutes to go in the game. Shouldn't we see Cam and Flacco tryin to figure things out non stop till they find out what is going to work. Everybody was sitting round feelin bad for themselves, like when Rice fumbled somebody should be talkin him up not let him sit by himself like they showed on t.v. If Cam Cameron cost us this year ,he better not be back next year. Why does it seem like Harbs is in love with this clown??? I don't get it .

Perhaps you missed the SuperBowl year when we went 4 or 5 straight games without an offensive touchdown?

Or the Boller years?

Last night was God awful, but it was only third behind those two above!

Perhaps you missed the SuperBowl year when we went 4 or 5 straight games without an offensive touchdown?

Or the Boller years?

Last night was God awful, but it was only third behind those two above!

Honestly, I think the Boller years were better than Monday night! At least, I don't recall a Boller-led offense failing to get a 1st down for an entire half!

Then again, I may have subconsciously erased that from my memory. Those years of going to a shrink may have actually paid off.

Folks, I was there in JAX to witness this stink bomb of a game. There were a ton of Ravens fans there. And I can honestly say it was the worst Ravens game I have ever seen in my life as a fan. The offense stunk, the refs were horrible, and the play-calling was absolutely horrid. Rice running just 8 times, the on-side kick, the lack of urgency (again) when down late in the 4th quarter, Flacco looking like a deer in headlights....the complaints are endless.

This team turns in these crapfests a couple times a year because they simply either aren't prepared or cannot make adjustments. Name me another playoff contender that goes down there and turns in that kind of performance. You probably can't name one.

The playcalling exists in a vacuum. Cameron is calling plays like he's play Madden for the first time. There is no setting up the pass or setting up the run. It's just, let's call a play like it'll have no impact on the rest of the game. Where are the PA passes? Where are our TE's?

Such an embarrassment. Everyone deserves equal blame for this and I really hoped this would be the game that would get Cameron his walking papers but it appears he has become bulletproof for some odd reason. He is handcuffing Flacco, Rice and the rest of this offense and you can look back and see what's happen after Cameron has left SD and MIA and seen that Brees, Rivers and the Miami offense was better off because of it.

When will Baltimore learn this lesson?

Edited by NewMarketSean

Yea I was round for the Super Bowl year , and the Boller years but atleast we scored more than 7 points in most of them games. Stover carried the team and without him and the D , we wouldn't have won nothing. Dude we didn't have a first down untill 4 or 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter!!!!. pathetic. The Refs definately could of cost us the game too, that call on Pollard was the worst I've seen in years maybe in my life time. They are ruining this beautiful game and it's a shame. If that flag is not thrown it's 3 and out and we get the ball back with good field position, instead they ate up pretty much the whole 3rd quarter and also added 3 huge points .I think that play hurt us bad, to go with Cundiff's missed FG whats up with Billy???? missed his last 7 from 50 plus out.