Sign in to follow this  
The Rick

CAPS 2nd Half Thread

Pens standing up for their "man".

Pretty much. I loved that the coaches were about to throw down too. Last time I saw a fight like that the goalies skated down and fought each other too. I miss the good ol' days of hockey sometimes.

SIDENOTE: Did anyone see the PIT/PHI fight today? It was epic!! All 10 guys on the ice fighting at the same time, and the coach from PHI went around the divider between benches trying to get to Bylsma from PIT. CRAZY!!

I saw that while I was flipping from the ST game expecting to catch golf. That was about as different as you could get. Completely nutso.

Pretty much. I loved that the coaches were about to throw down too. Last time I saw a fight like that the goalies skated down and fought each other too. I miss the good ol' days of hockey sometimes.

Pretty good chance Pit/Phi play in the first round of the playoffs too!

There have been plenty of frustrating games this season, but tonight's 4-2 loss to TB takes the cake.

Yep. Saw it coming this morning too, which is why I haven't commented all day on what they could do to clinch. Makes it even more fitting that if they lose to FLA they clinch the division, and we are pretty much eliminated (with a BUF win).

As ticked off as I was after they lost last night, I'm not too to mad about it right now. Despite blowing a game they should've won and at least picked up one point the Caps still control their own destiny. So if they miss out on the playoffs they will have nobody but themselves to blame. Just a few quick thoughts from the game as I only got to watch the last period and a half or so. How ugly was that last 5 or 6 minutes of the game? There must've been 20 or so whistles. The amount of stoppages due to icings and neutral zone faceoffs was insane! Despite all of that the Caps were able to tie it up (briefly). That was vintage Mike Green on that goal. Definite bummer that he was denied by Rolloson in the 2nd, but that game tying goal wouldn't have come about with out Green creating that opportunity. If the Caps make the playoffs they'll need more of that!

Buffalo with the big comeback after being down 3-0 to beat Toronto in OT keeping the heat on the Caps. In a bit of good news the Rangers just locked up the #1 seed, so they might not be as motivated to play Saturdays game.

Yeah I was so mad last night when I saw Buffalo came all the way back, that was huge. Now we definately have to beat Florida and the Rangers , and like Duffman said hopefully NYR will take the day off saturday. Up intill the other night against the Bolts we were playing pretty good scrappy hockey , I'm hoping we turn it up to the next notch for these 2 huge games coming up.

Alright Caps don't screw this one up. By the way raise your hand if you guessed that Fleischmann would have almost as many points this season (61) as Ovechkin (63):eektf:

PLAYOFFS!!

BTW, as many times as I've said it, it's put up or shut up time. I said Holtby was better than Varly and Neuvy, and now it looks like he's gotta back it up for me.

PLAYOFFS!!

BTW, as many times as I've said it, it's put up or shut up time. I said Holtby was better than Varly and Neuvy, and now it looks like he's gotta back it up for me.

Oh good, I just made that same argument about Holtby elsewhere; so I'm glad another knowledgeable Caps fan feels this way. I honestly feel better now with Holtby in net.

• Upvote 1

In the long run Holtby will probably be the best, but I liked the idea of Neuvy getting another playoff run, seeing what he could learn/improve upon from last year. If Holtby plays he should be fine as well. Just glad to be in the playoffs. Say what you want about this team, but they've been resilient. How man "must wins" did they lose this year only to pick themselves up and come back with a win when they needed to? Let's hope that resilience pays off in the playoffs!