Tony-OH

The Protest

The vast majority that stayed left after Tatis flew out for the first out. Maybe 50 people remain scattered through the upper left field deck.

Hey, how many do you think left, through the whole park (if others left as well)?

Those who are getting hung up on the amount of people who are there -- it really doesn't matter. They came, they were vocal, and they left in protest. If it was 5 people doing the protest, it still happened, it made an impact (regardless of how big) and it's over. But it happened -- and it needed to happen.

That is the most important thing here.

Hopefully protests in the future will be better planned and coordinated, but I'm glad this happened today. Too bad it was during work hours, or else I would have been there.

So who is in the press box? Any national media types checking this out? What's the overall reaction in the press box? I think it's pretty dramatic that the "witching hour" came right in the middle of a big rally. I've gotta say, I probably would have walked out and then snuck into another section to keep watching....

WMAR Channel 2 here in Baltimore just did a live report about the protest about 5 minutes ago or so. Very, very loud from what I can tell on the screen. Glad they made their presense known. If I didn't have to work today, I would have done it myself.

Yeah, they were yelling "Free the birds", but it petered out after a few minutes. now it's an occasional yell.

It's been 12 minutes since 5:08 and there's some "free the birds" still sounding - I'm listening on XM.

Are any announcers mentioning all this, or have they at all during the broadcast? Kinda wish this had been on TV....

Good for them, I can't stand Nestor really, but good for them nonetheless.

So who is in the press box? Any national media types checking this out? What's the overall reaction in the press box? I think it's pretty dramatic that the "witching hour" came right in the middle of a big rally. I've gotta say, I probably would have walked out and then snuck into another section to keep watching....

The press box is mixed. One wag just said the crowd was made up of, "98 percent male, 110 percent stupid."

Others think it's fairly impressive. It really depends on who you overhear. :)

John Eisenberg and Peter Schmuck our here but I haven't seen any national guys.

Glad to hear they got loud and marched around the lower level. Wonder where Angelos was during all this.

Not in his chair at the warehouse. That seat has been cold for some time.....

Are any announcers mentioning all this, or have they at all during the broadcast? Kinda wish this had been on TV....

Good for them, I can't stand Nestor really, but good for them nonetheless.

Hopefully the Tiger broadcast has some of it covered. You know they probably don't care whether they're shown on tv or not.

Again, I think it's hilarious that people thought this wouldn't get attention.