Tony-OH

The Protest

John Eisenberg and Peter Schmuck our here but I haven't seen any national guys.

What do they think about it? Or will we have to wait for their columns on Sunday?

Are any announcers mentioning all this, or have they at all during the broadcast? Kinda wish this had been on TV....

Good for them, I can't stand Nestor really, but good for them nonetheless.

Nothing has been said at all during the radio broadcast.

Glad to hear they got loud and marched around the lower level. Wonder where Angelos was during all this.

In a dark room on the upper floor with the ventian blinds closed....if you get my drift...

I'm listening to the Tigers' radio broadcast online. They've mentioned the protesters several times. It's hard to tell how they feel about their cause, but they seem amused by it. They commented that it looks like more people now that they are parading around the lower concourse single-file, but then they said they think the same people are moving around in circles so they look like more.

I'm listening to the Tigers' broadcast online. They've mentioned the protesters several times. It's hard to tell how they feel about their cause, but they seem amused by it. They commented that it looks like more people now that they are parading around the lower concourse single-file, but then they said they think the same people are moving around in circles so they look like more.

That's for sure. They kept coming out and out. It certainly looked like it could have been 1000-1200 people, but that's just an estimate. They were certainly vocal....

Now the Tigers' broadcasters say the protest has pretty much fizzled out and most of the protesters have left. They also said there's been virtually no reaction from the fans who weren't there to protest. They said (not an exact quote because I'm not the fastest typist but close) 'someone had an idea, thought they could get some attention for their station, and they've done a pretty good job.'

That's for sure. They kept coming out and out. It certainly looked like it could have been 1000-1200 people, but that's just an estimate. They were certainly vocal....

Good, I doubt it will make any material impact. Which sucks... Could anyone have predicted this day coming in 1997? Not this man...

The press box is mixed. One wag just said the crowd was made up of, "98 percent male, 110 percent stupid."

Sportswriters are among the most jaded and cynical people around.

Now the Tigers' broadcasters say the protest has pretty much fizzled out and most of the protesters have left. They also said there's been virtually no reaction from the fans who weren't there to protest. They said (not an exact quote because I'm not the fastest typist but close) 'someone had an idea, thought they could get some attention for their station, and they've done a pretty good job.'

They should know about that in Detroit.