• MLB Donta'Hightower
    • LT Mike Adams
    • C Peter Konz
    • G David DeCastro
    • G Cordy Glenn
    • S Harrison Smith
    • Somebody Else

Who will it be and why? Poll to follow

As the names continue to pile up ..there are plenty of names.

LT Mike Adams

MLB Vontze Burfict

MLB Donta' Hightower

C Peter Konz

G David DeCastro

G Cordy Glenn

S Harrison Smith

Well let's see. Ozzie usually doesn't like to be in position to draft for need but rather go BPA. This season might be the exception since it seems unlikely that Flacco, Rice and Grubbs (in that order) can all be retained without risking a stint in cap jail in the next 2-3 years. My preference would be Hightower or Konz. Burfickt has the rep of being a hothead and in today's NFL guys like that either grow up quick or limit their team's effectiveness for obvious reasons.

Too early. Wait til combine and idividual workouts are over. Question shouldn't be asked until the weeks leading up to the draft.

Not sure about the first, but I'm really hoping Alshon Jeffery falls to us in the second. He's shed some weight and is down to 216. He would be a good fit to Cam's offense. We've been missing a big strong receiver.

You can pretty much forget about Burfict and his 5.09 40 time. Slow

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

NFL released Vontaze Burfict's official 40 time and it was 5.09.

He already had issues, but that 40 time is going to really hurt Burfict. Even before that the Ravens were going to wait on him. By and large, Ozzie & Co. don't reach on draft picks, so I have no doubt that if they want him they'll get him where it fits and feels right.

If he's there, I think Konz is their guy. He can play center or guard, and depending on what happens with Grubbs (who I think is gone), we need both. If Grubbs comes back you have a young and really talented line. If not, you've got either your guard or center of the future.

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

And there's plenty more reasons to forget about Burfict after the Combine, at least in the early rounds of the Draft. Like I was telling anyone who would listen, we don't want any parts of this guy.

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

Wouldn't shock me if he was a 3rdish round pick now...could fall to Ravens then.

This team just needs playmakers and guys who are ready to play right away. We drafted two playmakers in J Smith and Torrey Smith last year, and one guy in McPhee who was ready to contribute right away and who should become a decent starter at the very least. Cody, Dickson, and Pitta are all solid players from 2010, but none of these guys are cornerstone type of players. 2009 yielded us Ladarius, who is a core player. Oher and Kruger have taken a long time to develop, but are servicable. 2008 got us two cornerstone players in Flacco and Rice, but not much else. If there is one criticism of Ozzie's drafts since Harbaugh has been here is there haven't been enough young guys who are able to step in right away and play. I'm sure the blame could be shared between Ozzie and Harbaugh, but that's besides the point.

Bottom line, I don't care what position it is, we need impact players who we can build around. And guys that can contribute right away. Last year's draft should be an example, we really need to hit on those first two picks, then draft mature players who maybe aren't complete players, but do one thing very well.

This team just needs playmakers and guys who are ready to play right away. We drafted two playmakers in J Smith and Torrey Smith last year, and one guy in McPhee who was ready to contribute right away and who should become a decent starter at the very least. Cody, Dickson, and Pitta are all solid players from 2010, but none of these guys are cornerstone type of players. 2009 yielded us Ladarius, who is a core player. Oher and Kruger have taken a long time to develop, but are servicable. 2008 got us two cornerstone players in Flacco and Rice, but not much else. If there is one criticism of Ozzie's drafts since Harbaugh has been here is there haven't been enough young guys who are able to step in right away and play. I'm sure the blame could be shared between Ozzie and Harbaugh, but that's besides the point.

Bottom line, I don't care what position it is, we need impact players who we can build around. And guys that can contribute right away. Last year's draft should be an example, we really need to hit on those first two picks, then draft mature players who maybe aren't complete players, but do one thing very well.

I think the strength of the Ravens is they don't need guys who can start right away. They have time to develop players and teach them to play the game the right way. This is not a bad thing. Oh and also in the last 4 years they have drafted arguably:

Franchise QB

Top 5 RB

Shutdown Corner

Potential Shutdown Corner

Starting RT

Starting DT

Two Starting TE

Starting WR (with the best single game of any rookie WR ever)

And an DE with 6 sacks in his rookie year who played 10-15 snaps a game.

I don't see other teams doing that.

Wouldn't shock me if he was a 3rdish round pick now...could fall to Ravens then.

I'd take him if he's there at 2 unless they draft Hightower at 1.

I say Konz because I do not see Hightower falling to us. If he does than I think that he will be the pick and the Ravens might actually try to trade up in the second round to try to draft Konz. The Ravens could really make a splash in this draft if they play their cards right IMO. I think that we could end up with a very talented WR in rounds 2-4.