• MLB Vontaze Burfict
    • MLB Donta'Hightower
    • LT Mike Adams
    • C Peter Konz
    • G David DeCastro
    • G Cordy Glenn
    • S Harrison Smith
    • Somebody Else

One thing that we definitely need is a better return man. I would be fine with a Lamichael James or Chris Rainey in the middle rounds. We need some explosion from that aspect of the game.

Stephen Hill seems too much like T Smith for me.

I am not sure I see the Ravens trading out of the first round because I am not sure there is a player out there that will cause someone to trade up. A lot of times, that player is a QB but I guess you never know.

BTW, I love the idea of adding LaMichael James with our second round pick but I doubt he gets there.

You can pretty much forget about Burfict and his 5.09 40 time. Slow

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

NFL released Vontaze Burfict's official 40 time and it was 5.09.

Yeah, when I watched the combine and saw him run I knew that wasn't us in the first.

BTW, I love the idea of adding LaMichael James with our second round pick but I doubt he gets there.

I would looooove to add James. This is a good reason to tag Rice, or put him into a cut friendly contract. With a big bonus for signing cut in half with a roster bonus coming before the start of year 2. I also like Chris Rainey out of Florida as well. Rainey went 3.93 in the 20-yard shuttle, crushing the field, and broke the combine record in the three-cone.

Stephen Hill seems too much like T Smith for me.

I am not sure I see the Ravens trading out of the first round because I am not sure there is a player out there that will cause someone to trade up. A lot of times, that player is a QB but I guess you never know.

Yeah, why would we want another offensive rookie of the year candidate, who just so happened to be the best rookie WR in Ravens history? I get that Stephen Hill wasn't as productive as Torrey in his college career, but he also didn't get the opportunities. Stephen Hill is less sudden than Torrey, but he's faster and taller, with better hands. I don't think we can give Joe enough deep threats. Boldin should have a monster season from the slot. He reminds me of AJ Green. I don't think a single one of us would want to pass on AJ Green at 1:29. Kendall Wright is a product of his system and RG3. He's not bad, but I think you'll see that he goes in the bottom half of round 2.

I actually think that Chris Rainey fits what we need slightly more than LaMichael James, but both could fit pretty well with us. I just think Rainey's return ability provides so much to our team that he is the greater choice.

Yeah, why would we want another offensive rookie of the year candidate, who just so happened to be the best rookie WR in Ravens history? I get that Stephen Hill wasn't as productive as Torrey in his college career, but he also didn't get the opportunities. Stephen Hill is less sudden than Torrey, but he's faster and taller, with better hands. I don't think we can give Joe enough deep threats. Boldin should have a monster season from the slot. He reminds me of AJ Green. I don't think a single one of us would want to pass on AJ Green at 1:29. Kendall Wright is a product of his system and RG3. He's not bad, but I think you'll see that he goes in the bottom half of round 2.

I actually think that Chris Rainey fits what we need slightly more than LaMichael James, but both could fit pretty well with us. I just think Rainey's return ability provides so much to our team that he is the greater choice.

You completely missed the point.

The Ravens offense doesn't need another run a 9 route as fast as you can WR.

And you are likely grossly overrating him if you want to even put him on the level of Green.

Just because he is tall and runs really fast doesn't mean he is at that level.

You completely missed the point.

The Ravens offense doesn't need another run a 9 route as fast as you can WR.

And you are likely grossly overrating him if you want to even put him on the level of Green.

Just because he is tall and runs really fast doesn't mean he is at that level.

We run a home run offense under Cameron. We need more guys who can hit it. And this kid can, for sure. Plus, he's a better route runner than people give him credit for. Not only that, but his college QB had terrible accuracy otherwise we'd have been hearing about this kid for a while now.

You may be right about me grossly overrating him in making comps to Green. But, there's something about him that when I look at him, that's just what I see.

We run a home run offense under Cameron. We need more guys who can hit it. And this kid can, for sure. Plus, he's a better route runner than people give him credit for. Not only that, but his college QB had terrible accuracy otherwise we'd have been hearing about this kid for a while now.

You may be right about me grossly overrating him in making comps to Green. But, there's something about him that when I look at him, that's just what I see.

And how many games did you watch him play?

"?

3 or 4. Why does that matter?

BEcause you said, "when I look at him".

So, for you to say that, I would assume you have seen him play a lot.

Does Michael Floyd remind anyone else of Kenny Britt? Britt has production at Rutgers. He was a big guy who teams were curious about his speed, but he silenced critics with a 40 similar to Floyd. They seem like similar players to me...

Does Michael Floyd remind anyone else of Kenny Britt? Britt has production at Rutgers. He was a big guy who teams were curious about his speed, but he silenced critics with a 40 similar to Floyd. They seem like similar players to me...

I am sure the Ravens would like to add Floyd(when they talk about adding a WR early, he is a guy that I think they would target)....but he will be gone long before they pick it seems.

The guy I wonder about is Alshon Jeffrey. He was thought of as a guy that was right there with Blackmon as the best WR coming into the season.

But he has gained some weight and there are questions about his work ethic. He didn't run at the combine but will at his pro day.

You almost want him to struggle and then see if the Ravens can get him later on and get him in shape and ready to be the player many thought he would be.

First, I would love to get Floyd, but I doubt he falls to us. That guy is an absolute monster. You see the guns on him? Strong, physical receiver.

I don't know how anyone could have a good read on Hill. He had all of 28 catches last year. Yes, I know it is because GT runs the triple option, but still, he averaged 2.5 catches per games. His yards per catch are exceptional but I would expect that because every team likely singles up any GT WR. regardless of what anyone has seen, it is very limited and any assumptions are being made off of the combine. Bottom line - he is an enigma.

Edited by paulcoates

I have never seen Hill play, but to add to the conversation I heard an interview with him on Sirius NFL Radio. Hill admitted that receivers at Georgia Tech are not required to do much in the terms of route running. He admitted there was not much reading of a secondary and he pretty much only ran 9's, posts, and corners. Pat Kirwan asked him, with his speed, does he have any experience running deep outs or come back routes. As these would be major assets with his speed as DBs will give him a cushion. Hill said he never ran a deep out or comeback at Georgia Tech. In translation to the NFL, this means Hills does not have much experience sinking his hips and shifting his weights in and out of cuts. In other words, much like we saw early with Torrey Smith, his game speed may not be that fast until he learns these nuances.

In Hill's defense, he stated he is working with former Falcons great WR Terance Mathis on route running. And while G-Tech did not put much emphasis on route running, there is a big emphasis on being able to track a deep ball as well as going up to snatch a ball at its highest point. Kirwan pointed out that Hill has "Randy Moss traits" when it comes to tracking a deep ball (i.e. not looking up until the last moment to throw off the DB). And running the triple option, you have to block as a WR.

Hill is certainly a big risk, however C. Johnson and D. Thomas have transitioned successfully to the NFL out of the G-Tech system. Our own former Terp DHB, who has a similar skill set, is coming around as well. Bottom line, if you draft Hill you cannot expect him to contribute right away. You will have to be patient.

Edited by thundercleetz

And they both come with off-field issues.