Sports Guy

IPAD2 questions

I am considering getting an IPAD2...Just a few questions to those of you who have it or may know about them:

1) I am looking at the 16gb one...is it really a big deal to go up to the 32 GB one?

2) When will the IPAD3 be out and will they drop the price of the IPAD2 a lot when it does come out?

I have the 64 gig wifi model. I got a HD that big because I wanted to bring all of my music and some movies with me. Now there are so many options to stream music that you don't really need to have it all on your device.

If you don't intend to sync a ton of music to the device, the storage doesn't matter much.

I hear the biggest difference in the iPad3 is going to be the display. Supposedly, it's going to have the retina display, and it might cost more because of it. Not sure what the other hardware upgrades might be. You might want to hold off for a release date, then scoop up an iPad2 while they're $100 off when they're trying to liquidate their old inventory.

Check this out: http://ipad3newsblog.com/

The IPAD 3 is rumored to be announced this Wednesday. This should result in a drop in IPAD 2 prices. From what is rumored the difference is a higher MP camera and a faster processor. IMO, it's not enough of an upgrade over the IPAD 2 to warrant the higher price.

I have the 64 gig wifi model. I got a HD that big because I wanted to bring all of my music and some movies with me. Now there are so many options to stream music that you don't really need to have it all on your device.

If you don't intend to sync a ton of music to the device, the storage doesn't matter much.

I hear the biggest difference in the iPad3 is going to be the display. Supposedly, it's going to have the retina display, and it might cost more because of it. Not sure what the other hardware upgrades might be. You might want to hold off for a release date, then scoop up an iPad2 while they're $100 off when they're trying to liquidate their old inventory.

Check this out: http://ipad3newsblog.com/

YEa, i will just use at something to play games on, have the internet, etc...Not going to do too much in the way of movies or music.

TS..I had heard them mention something on Howard Stern that there was a rumor they may announce it soon...If they do that, how quickly does the price of the IPAD2 drop? Is it immediate or does it take time?

YEa, i will just use at something to play games on, have the internet, etc...Not going to do too much in the way of movies or music.

TS..I had heard them mention something on Howard Stern that there was a rumor they may announce it soon...If they do that, how quickly does the price of the IPAD2 drop? Is it immediate or does it take time?

I think the prices drop once they put the IPAD 3 up for sale. They won't have them at the same price point. My guesstimate/hunch is prices will drop $100; it won't be a drastic reduction.

I have a 64GB wifi/3G model, and I use the extra storage for movies, not music. If you also have an IPOD or other music device, you may not want to buy all the redundant storage space on the IPAD.

I think the prices drop once they put the IPAD 3 up for sale. They won't have them at the same price point. My guesstimate/hunch is prices will drop $100; it won't be a drastic reduction.

I have a 64GB wifi/3G model, and I use the extra storage for movies, not music. If you also have an IPOD or other music device, you may not want to buy all the redundant storage space on the IPAD.

And if they announce the IPAD3 on Wed, how long until you will actually be able to buy it?(sure if I am being a pain here, just don't know much about this stuff and trying to figure out when I should buy it)

And if they announce the IPAD3 on Wed, how long until you will actually be able to buy it?(sure if I am being a pain here, just don't know much about this stuff and trying to figure out when I should buy it)
Expect sales before the end of the month.

Is 3G a good idea? It seems like it's a waste from what I've read, especially if you have an iPhone.

JMHO, but I concur that getting 3G (or 4G when it becomes available) is a waste of money for a tablet. Unless you really intend to use it a lot away from home or office, places where WiFi isn't readily available, then it doesn't seem worth it. Even then, it's probably better to just pay an extra $10/mo for the mobile hotspot on your phone than it is to get the service directly on your tablet.

I'd also recommend checking out Apple's refurb store. I got a 32gb for the price of a 16gb and they come with the same coverage.

Apple is one of the best when it comes to refurbs. In addition to the 1-year waranty, I believe they also put a new casing on every refurbished product they sell....so it even looks brand new, for $50 less.

JMHO' date=' but I concur that getting 3G (or 4G when it becomes available) is a waste of money for a tablet. Unless you really intend to use it a lot away from home or office, places where WiFi isn't readily available, then it doesn't seem worth it. Even then, it's probably better to just pay an extra $10/mo for the mobile hotspot on your phone than it is to get the service directly on your tablet.[/quote']

Yeah I know a real estate broker who has the 3G model and another guy who has an outdoor touring/adventure business who has one, and those are the kind of people who can use it. Out and about a lot without guaranteed access to wifi.

Apple is one of the best when it comes to refurbs. In addition to the 1-year waranty' date=' I believe they also put a new casing on every refurbished product they sell....so it even looks brand new, for $50 less.[/quote']

Yep. My aluminum MacBook, iPods, and iPad 2 all looked brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.