Sports Guy

IPAD2 questions

1. I highly recommend the refurbished Apple site. This is the route I went, I got a great deal. I have a 32 Gig wi-fi only. If you can wait a bit and get a refurbished (as in the 3 is coming sooner than we think), I would do that.

2. If price isn't an issue just go with the 32 GB. You can make due with the 16 just fine but it is great to have the extra space. If you are using the I cloud you would be fine with the 16 though.

I have no problems with refurbished apple products. My friend got an iPhone refurbished, it had some errors 2 weeks in and they replaced it outright AND gave him a $25 iTunes care for the "hassle."

So, the iPad2 is now $399 for the 16GB WiFi version. Or it will be soon. The Apple Store just came back online and I haven't looked at it yet. They are going to stop selling new models of the 32 and 64 GB versions of iPad2.

So, the iPad2 is now $399 for the 16GB WiFi version. Or it will be soon. The Apple Store just came back online and I haven't looked at it yet. They are going to stop selling new models of the 32 and 64 GB versions of iPad2.

You can get a refurbished one for $349.

I echo the sentiments that you really don't need anything more than a 16 GB device. I have probably 10 gigs worth of music on my Google Music drive, and so I just stream tunes from the cloud. I also just watch videos from Netflix, so those aren't stored on my device either. The 16 GB's is plenty to do what you need, IMO.

The current buzz is the tablet will be called the IPAD HD and be released on March 16.

It still doesn't seem to have an official name. It's just called The New iPad on the Apple website.

You can get a refurbished one for $349.

Yep. My next Apple purchase will definitely be refurbished, just haven't decided what it will be yet. Thinking we need a new computer more than another iPad at the moment.

I'm going to get the new iPad and was going to splurge for the 64 GB one, but now I'm rethinking. What would someone do with all that memory? I'm not really a gamer (unless you count Words with Friends) and I probably won't store movies on there, either. I'll just watch the ones I download from iTunes, and they go away after watching them. What kind of a user would need 64 GB? The main reason I was going to get the biggest one is because I was going to do 32 GB and it seems silly not to spend the extra $100 to double the space. Thanks!

You get the 64GB one if you plan on storing your media there, movies and music. I have a 64GB IPOD filled only with music that I spent countless hours ripping from hundreds of CDs. My iphone 4S is "only" 16 GB because I don't want to load it with all that kind of stuff.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, good to know!

Another reason would be if you're into art/media editing type stuff. There is some pretty decent software for that, and with the new graphics processor in the new iPad, it is going to be a very viable option for graphic artists/designers, etc. Also, some folks go with the higher storage so they can use it for work. Obviously storing a ton of PDF's, e-mails, word/excel files can add up.

I'm getting the new iPad but will only be using for the normal stuff. Some light gaming, internet browsing, video streaming (via netflix or hbogo, etc.), and streaming music from my google cloud account. Nothing I will do will require any storage, so I went with the 16 GB version. I'll have it on Friday, I'll let everyone know what I think of it.

I decided to get the 64 GB version, because I realized that when I travel, I like to have movies and TV shows with me, and I have a bunch that I've burned from my collection. I might as well just carry a whole bunch with me. I'm getting mine on Friday, too!

I'm going to get the new iPad and was going to splurge for the 64 GB one, but now I'm rethinking. What would someone do with all that memory? I'm not really a gamer (unless you count Words with Friends) and I probably won't store movies on there, either. I'll just watch the ones I download from iTunes, and they go away after watching them. What kind of a user would need 64 GB? The main reason I was going to get the biggest one is because I was going to do 32 GB and it seems silly not to spend the extra $100 to double the space. Thanks!

Mostly enterprise users, I would think. I work in legal services and I've seen several attorneys that go to trial with video files related to their case on an iPad that they connect to a projector or monitor and play back for a jury. In that situation it makes sense to have things like that stored right on your device. The last thing you would want in the middle of a trial is to need to stream an important video clip and realize that your internet connection is lost.

I bought the new IPad the day it was released and so far I love it. It is very fast (much faster than my IPad1 with the new IoS on it). I also heard today that the New IPad operates 16 degrees warmer than the previous model (116 degrees). I would only think this would be a problem if you dont use yours with a cover (which I think is crazy if you dont have some sort of drop protection on yours).