Pedro Cerrano

Can we beat UNC tomorrow?

Obviously the cards are stacked against us, but we've played UNC tough during some stretches this year and stranger things have happened (people will recall the eventual NC Terps losing to NC State in the 2002 ACCT).

Add in the fact that we looked great today and the tourney isn't in North Carolina and I think there is some hope there, slim as it may be.

I give us a 5% chance of winning. I'm satisfied if we punish Henson.

So injuring a guy who scored a meaningless 2 points is somehow satisfying? How fall this program has fallen...I remember when Terps fans expected a team to be competitive.

So injuring a guy who scored a meaningless 2 points is somehow satisfying? How fall this program has fallen...I remember when Terps fans expected a team to be competitive.

This program is in a down year with a coaching change. They are on the upward swing.

The Henson dunk was stupid, he didn't need to do it. It was a d-move. I am not upset in the least he got injured there. He fell on his wrist, MD didn't go out of their way to hurt him. Oh well.

This program is in a down year with a coaching change. They are on the upward swing.

The Henson dunk was stupid, he didn't need to do it. It was a d-move. I am not upset in the least he got injured there. He fell on his wrist, MD didn't go out of their way to hurt him. Oh well.

Oh I didn't think it was a dirty foul. I'm also not terribly sad that he's upset. But, I won't find another embarrassing loss somehow satisfying because he got hurt. I prefer to root for the team to win.

We win if Zeller and Marshall get involved in a nasty collision that results in both players out with a concussion in the first 45 seconds of the game.

Or maybe if Marshall gets laid out a la Dave Neal/Nolan Smith.

Oh I didn't think it was a dirty foul. I'm also not terribly sad that he's upset. But, I won't find another embarrassing loss somehow satisfying because he got hurt. I prefer to root for the team to win.

I agree. If we lose and Henson is done for the season, I won't be happy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 177 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• o   White Sox Clinch 1st Postseason Berth Since 2008: ‘This Moment is Really Special’ (By Lamond Pope) https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-chicago-white-sox-minnesota-twins-20200917-6xydvthatng2tgb53hw2l2gwt4-story.html   o
    • o   White Sox, Rays Secure Berths in the Post-Season (Associated Press) https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/09/18/white-sox-rays-secure-berths-in-the-postseason/42656425/   o
    • Just got through the DVR, and here's the lead.  My goodness - that mustache.  It goes right to the childhood McGregor Flanagan reptilian brain stem.  It's hard to see almost anything else. At one look, I'd say it's maybe an interesting call between him and Cobb for Game 5 next year, while whatever shenanigans/surgeries with Baumann, Hall, Rodriguez (and to a lesser extent Smith/Lowther) are waited out. I heard the Driveline last offseason report, but that hits me wrong for 4-pitch mix guys.  I think I think the devil's bargain of the Driveline-type proposition is you give feel and get dominance.  I see Savant had him at 30 FB, 10 SL, 10 CH, so will be curious to see if a 4th pitch comes out in Turn 2. Great story, and could certainly be a once through order or up/down guy for peak Rutschman teams but would hazard a guess that his IP count medium to long term is probably negatively correlated with team success.  Akin has splashed the pool to grow the group to 6 of "SP's I hope make 150+ starts/OpenerFollows for the 2021 Orioles", but I think Lopez, Smith and Lowther are more my 7/8/9 guys, never mind the Fulmers and Stewarts of the waiver wire. I do hope Zimmermann and all those others have somewhere to continue hot (warm, at least) games in October, whether in Bowie, or at some Super Arizona Fall League to be named later.  October/November Super Arizona Fall League could be like the Futures Game every day if anything could be concocted after the World Series.  Darn tootin I want to see Grayson Rodriguez trying to get Wander Franco out then.  
    • Not an impressive debut. Zimmermann's command was bad. I hope he settles down for his next appearance. Smith is a good prospect, but he only pitched 30 innings in AA last year and that was the highest he's gotten in the minors. Zimmermann, Akin, and Kremer all logged at least 150 innings between AA and AAA before this year.  Plus, 40 man roster considerations are always a factor. Zimmermann and Kremer both needed to be added this winter anyway to avoid getting picked in the Rule 5 draft. Smith does not till next winter.
    • Zimmerman's stuff, I was impressed enough. Command, quite another conversation. If he can command that stuff, I think he's okay. Good stuff, no command, see, Cabrera, D.
    • I thought Wojo looked like a hard rocker, lead singer of something like "Ancient Leviticus Ceremonies" or such. Also, today was my first look at Zimmerman, and I was thinking "why is an actor from a 70's cop show throwing out the first pitch?"
    • Behind a paywall, but here, Top MLB rookies of 2020:  https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/29894934/top-mlb-rookies-2020-made-biggest-splash   Wouldn't have figured an 86.0 average exit velocity.  
  • Popular Contributors