BeeJ

My first trip to OPACY.. suggestions?

I second the Inner Harbor Miss Shirley's as a great brunch spot, if you're into brunch. It was crowded and maybe a bit touristy, but my girlfriend and I really liked it.

I also have enjoyed a couple of date nights in Harbor East, there are some nice restaurants and a movie theater there.

I agree with NMS that you should explore Lexington Market, even if it also doubles as a fairly prolific drug market. I would say the best comparison is Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia, and while Lexington Market isn't as awesome, there are still some gems. In addition to Faidley's, I would make sure to try a chocolate-top cookie at Berger's bakery. (It blew my mind recently when I discovered that chocolate-top cookies are a completely regional Maryland thing).

I haven't explored Fell's Point and Fed Hill as much as I should have since med school keeps me so busy, but I'm sure other people can help you out with suggestions there.

Also if you have a AAA card ,you can stay at the Renaissance hotel right in the Inner Harbor for around $170.00 plus tax, Special thru Room 77 website

https://www.room77.com/search.html?key=Baltimore,%20MD&cin=06.24.2012&cout=06.28.2012&g=2&r=1&utm_source=tzoo&utm_campaign=ssearch_A&utm_medium=cpc

I just got my confirmation from the Renaissance for $192 all in for 5 nights (Sun-Thurs) wheelchair accessible king suite with a roll in shower. There were a couple other places a little cheaper but neither were as nice looking and close to where I wanted to be. Hopefully it won't be an issue but I like the idea of being able to cancel without a problem up until the morning of check in. I do unfortunately have medical issues now and again so being on the hook for a grand if I had to unexpectedly cancel wouldn't be good.

Good looking out grimed1.. I never even looked at the Renaissance figuring it would be way out of my price range.

Train and room are booked! Now, I need to lock down transportation from the train @ Penn Station on Sunday night down to the Renaissance and back to Penn early Friday morning. I've also got to get a reply from a medical supply place down there about a patient lift I need for my transfers to and from my chair. I'd hate to lug mine all the way down.

I just noticed that Rams Head was right in the neighborhood. Hopefully something good pops up on their schedule. Any other comedy or live music type places in the vicinity?

Next up.. figure out all O's related activities I can get away with. Stadium/Warehouse tours and stuff like that. It's going to be very surreal being on home turf for the first time.

Good breakfast at least the Captain Crunch french toast and cinnamon rolls:

http://bluemoonbaltimore.com/

I saw that place on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.. I know my fiance would flip to catch breakfast there. She actually makes those French toast now. A bit too sweet for me but she'll love it. Good ol Guy and Triple D.

I saw that place on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.. I know my fiance would flip to catch breakfast there. She actually makes those French toast now. A bit too sweet for me but she'll love it. Good ol Guy and Triple D.

Guy is the BOMB! My mom had a '68 Camaro. My older sis and I got towards 16 years old... they sold it! NEVER forgave them!

EDIT: I KNOW... Guy's is a '69...

My mom's was a '68. 327. Sweet damn ride! I never got to drive it. :(

Edited by scOtt

Train and room are booked! Now, I need to lock down transportation from the train @ Penn Station on Sunday night down to the Renaissance and back to Penn early Friday morning. I've also got to get a reply from a medical supply place down there about a patient lift I need for my transfers to and from my chair. I'd hate to lug mine all the way down.

Charm City Circulator is your best bet. You'll need the Purple Route:

http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/route/purple-route

It's a free bus and there are 2 other routes that may come in handy for you while you're in Baltimore so be sure to keep that in mind.

If for some reason you get in too late and it's not running, the light rail picks up at Penn Station as well.

I just noticed that Rams Head was right in the neighborhood. Hopefully something good pops up on their schedule. Any other comedy or live music type places in the vicinity?

For music, there's also Baltimore Soundstage and Pier Six Pavilion. Both are close to the Reniassance, probably even slightly closer than Rams Head.

If you're a fan of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, then you also might want to check out Joe Squared Pizza, which was on the show recently. I think Guy was at the North Avenue location, but they have a second restaurant that's basically right next to Rams Head. And Rick Dempsey is about to open a restaurant that's about two doors down.

http://www.baltimoresoundstage.com/

http://www.piersixpavilion.com/

http://www.joesquared.com/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/baltimore-diner-blog/bal-kettle-hill-opening-date-live-20120315,0,7198723.story?track=rss

Edited by Nigel Tufnel

I'm a huge fan of JPaull's in the Inner Harbor. I love the "89 Burger" Its a big burger with pulled pork and slaw on it. Good Eats. It's not much of a tourist trap either.

Make sure you get to the stadium early and see it from every angle you can. It IS mecca.