Jimmy Mad

Latest on Bedard/ESPN/ESPN Blog

If you were the D'Backs, Mariners, and Dodgers would you put off a possible Free Agent signing because you have a "chance" at a trade - This would be very irresponsible! They could always cancel

IMO - I don't know if this will hold up anything - If a team wants Bedard' date=' they will pay for him. Kuroda is a 4/5 starter - When has a pitcher from Japan ever had long term success??[/quote']

It is a cheaper option right now and you don't have to give up the farm. This might be some teams first choice.

I just heard that Kuroda is going to visit, the D-back, Dodgers, and M's next week. I have a feeling this going to put off the possibilty of trading EB for a few more weeks.

It is a cheaper option right now and you don't have to give up the farm. This might be some teams first choice.

He's cheaper because he isn't that great. Do you want a #3-5 or an ace? It's two different markets.

It may be cheaper but it's certainly not better - Most likely Silva=Kuroda

Why not go after Silva who is more proven in the MLB?

Cus the new hip thing is to sign over-hyped Japanese players!

• Upvote 1

My guess is the Orioles need to come down from some sort of demand like:

1) Not taking too much from the ML team.

2) Not asking for 2 of kemp, Loney and Kershaw

The Dodgers have tons of combinations that would be great deals for us.

Because Japanese pitchers are all the rage nowadays. Everybody wants one! Well except for the Orioles anyway...

Maybe the Dodgers are interested in him to off-set the loss of Billingsley in a trade for Bedard.

I wish, but most likely it's Colletti trying to upgrade his team without trading anybody. He's become the new Bill Stoneman unfortunately. You would think he would have learned from his rival GM...

I just don't think that LA wants to give up the farm and there are other options out there.

They may not but I just don't think a good GM is going to put off a meeting with a player that is flying in from Japan because he may trade for another player. If we ewre interested in Player A would we not talk to Player B because we have a chance to sign Player A???

If the Dodgers won't give the players we want, I say don't make the trade. To settle for lesser prospects would be a major error. There is no deadline to moving Bedard this week, and if we could get another pitcher (Weaver) for Tejada and parts i would really like the way our starters would be looking.

If the DBacks are so interested in Haren, I don't get why we haven't heard much about them with Bedard. It would be smart for MacPhail to get the DBacks in it to force Colletti to upgrade his offer, yet it doesn't seem like they are really in it or the O's are interested in inviting them in...