Jimmy Mad

Latest on Bedard/ESPN/ESPN Blog

Ever since that Pharmacy got busted, I've had a tough time getting my goods...

Besides, you don't know how horrendous my posts would be WITHOUT this stuff! ;)

I am putting an * on your 7 bips.

• Upvote 2

I have noticed that your text is looking pumped up lately ;)

Seriously...that flax seed oil has be from size 12 font all the way up to size 18. It's some good stuff...

I am putting an * on your 7 bips.

But if you are willing to give him the *, how do you know how many HO members are using PEDs and reading his posts?

There's plenty of room for angry skeptics on this bandwagon. What I want to know is when the bandwagon turns into a riot wagon and gets flipped over and set on fire.

I've got matches:D

They have 2 good SP prospects in Troy Butler and Chris Tillman that can be included. I doubt the M's deal Triunfel since he's considered a top 50 talent and is probably their 3rd/4th best prospect.

These guys are potentially good but they are 2-3 years away.

I need more "sure things" for Bedard.

There's plenty of room for angry skeptics on this bandwagon. What I want to know is when the bandwagon turns into a riot wagon and gets flipped over and set on fire.

Are you threatening to set my wagon on fire?!?! After all the Lugo jokes we shared...;)

I really dont know how we get value back for Tejada unless the Angels step up we are in trouble

If there's no offer that temps MacPhail, I have no problem keeping him until July. His injury last year was terrible timing. He'll increase his value early in the year if he not traded by spring training.

If there's no offer that temps MacPhail, I have no problem keeping him until July. His injury last year was terrible timing. He'll increase his value early in the year if he not traded by spring training.

That's not the problem. The problem is if we do not trade these guys now, and even IF we do then trade them in July, then you've just lose 6 MORE months on our endless rebuilding project. You gotta sell NOW and go into Spring Training with the young guys in the lineup every day getting playing time and gaining experience. Waiting until July MAY get us more in the deals, but it also sets us back 6 more months. Act NOW!

Yeah I agree with Dipper but you cant get less for Tejada than Roberts so if the deals not there you have to wait for miguel to estrablish some more value

That's not the problem. The problem is if we do not trade these guys now, and even IF we do then trade them in July, then you've just lose 6 MORE months on our endless rebuilding project. You gotta sell NOW and go into Spring Training with the young guys in the lineup every day getting playing time and gaining experience. Waiting until July MAY get us more in the deals, but it also sets us back 6 more months. Act NOW!

Problem with waiting until the trade deadline is teams won't give up young major league players who are currently part of their roster. You get prospects, most of whom never amount to squat.

Problem with waiting until the trade deadline is teams won't give up young major league players who are currently part of their roster. You get prospects, most of whom never amount to squat.

Your right but you cant trade MIguel without to Top quality guys he is just to good a player and his value has never beenj worse typical orioles sell low buy high

Why, are the players we acquire going to get more experience between now and Feb. 15?

We trade these guys when we feel we are getting good value in exchange. Not before. We don't necesarily wait because we think we might get a better deal by waiting, but if the players offered don't provide enough long term value, you turn down the offers and wait it out.

I guess the M's deal didn't come to fruition. I can't say that I liked the CHOICE of Jones and Balentein anyway (both would have been nice).

Didn't see this posted yet, sorry if it has been.

• The Dodgers' signing of Andruw Jones sparked talk Thursday that they were going to turn around and include Matt Kemp in a big offer for Johan Santana. Checked that out and couldn't find any evidence the Dodgers are in on Santana or plan to be. There are rumblings that they actually have more interest in Erik Bedard. That deal would probably be a 4-for-1 swap centered around their best pitching prospect, Clayton Kershaw, and either Kemp or Andre Ethier. But it appears the Dodgers prefer to explore less pricey options first, such as free agent Hiroki Kuroda or a deal for Oakland's Joe Blanton.

• The Orioles' Andy MacPhail left Nashville late Thursday morning. So that makes it official -- the Orioles won't be making any deals here. Their talks with the Cubs about a trade for Brian Roberts have been back-burnered while the Orioles prioritize talks about Bedard and Miguel Tejada. But what we found on that back burner is that there is mutual interest in a deal that would send Roberts to the Cubs for pitcher Sean Gallagher, plus a second player that still needs to be determined. Despite speculation Felix Pie could wind up in that trade, teams that have talked to the Cubs about Pie say he would only be movable in a much bigger deal.

I like the sound of that Bedard to LAD deal.