The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

Ummm who was that guy that said Holtby was better than all the other goalies? Oh wait it was me :)

Dude, you always forget me when you brag about this... come on man... an island is big enough for two people!! ;)

Dude, you always forget me when you brag about this... come on man... an island is big enough for two people!! ;)

Credit where credit is due, yes you have been my partner in crime on this one. Sorry, I get carried away because it's been 3 years of bragging about the kid, and now I look like a Hockey genius ;)

• Upvote 1

Hat tip to Caps for allowing Flyers to avoid potential Ranger matchup in the next round while taking a giant dump on the city of Boston.

Way to go CAPS !!!. What a series that finally ended in our favor, I thought we were screwed on that cheap Chimera penalty but thank God the PK came through huge. I was so mad when that offical made that horrible call, but it don't matter because were moving on thanks to a nice play by Knuble and lil put back by Ward. Holtby was MVP of this series without a doubt , always knew this kid was going to be really good but what he did to the defending champs is really impressive. Yeah Allstar you have been saying that for a while now, so alot rep points coming your way tonight.lol.

Hat tip to Caps for allowing Flyers to avoid potential Ranger matchup in the next round while taking a giant dump on the city of Boston.

LOL - I thought you'd like that, haha.

Credit where credit is due, yes you have been my partner in crime on this one. Sorry, I get carried away because it's been 3 years of bragging about the kid, and now I look like a Hockey genius ;)

I just started talking hockey on OH a year ago, so there's no evidence out there - but I've been on the Holtby band-wagon from the beginning. So gratifying. He won us this series, without a doubt.

My only complaint is that we didn't see enough shots of shocked/depressed Boston fans after the goal.

It's sad that Joe B and Locker won't be doing any more of the live game broadcasts, they're the best in the business IMO. Locker was absolutely giddy in the post game coverage.

My only complaint is that we didn't see enough shots of shocked/depressed Boston fans after the goal.

It's sad that Joe B and Locker won't be doing any more of the live game broadcasts, they're the best in the business IMO. Locker was absolutely giddy in the post game coverage.

Joe B is great! He does play by play for a few college lax games as well.

I think they need to get Knuble in there for Game 2. Need a guy that knows how to battle and grind in the playoffs and get to the goal. He rebounded nicely in March so I was surprised to see him get the healthy scratch.

Well it's a good thing Hunter listened to me! ;)

I do want to say that I have been on the Holtby bandwagon since he was in SC. That said, he does have cold spells (like any other goalie), I mean before the playoffs he did have a 3.00+ GAA this season. But when he's on, he's already probably one of the top 10 in the league.

Also, to make sure that I don't miss out this time:

Philip Grubrauer will be the best of the four goalies to come out.

He had a pretty solid season for South Carolina, and I think you see him in Hershey next year.

Edited by Araqnid

My house was louder than that arena was at the end of the game. The silence there was pretty deafening.

I do want to say that I have been on the Holtby bandwagon since he was in SC. That said, he does have cold spells (like any other goalie), I mean before the playoffs he did have a 3.00+ GAA this season. But when he's on, he's already probably one of the top 10 in the league.

Also, to make sure that I don't miss out this time:

Philip Grubrauer will be the best of the four goalies to come out.

He had a pretty solid season for South Carolina, and I think you see him in Hershey next year. Living 5 minutes from Hershey does have its advantages :)

Didn't Grubrauer get hurt at the end of the season?

On a related note the Hershey Bears were facing elimination last night and scored the game winner 2:57 into OT, same time as the Caps game winner. Might be a good pick 3 number to play.