The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

PK and Holtby are playing great. That 4 on 3 was a big stop. Gotta stay out of the box here in the third and get some shots on goal.

Can't believe Green just missed that shot at the beginning of the PP. That's his favorite shot/move and he just missed high. Ugh.

Yeah that was a great opportunity. They have had some great chances this period, let's see if they can get one in.

The end of this game will either be amazing or severely depressing.

Yep, this has been a really good 3rd period for the Caps - Hopefully they can get one through.

We caught a huge break a minute ago.

Chara definitely has a mean streak in him. Ovie gave him a solid and clean fore check in the boards. Chara responds by swinging his stick at him he's lucky he didn't get a high stick call there.

Tough loss, but you have to love seeing the guys rally around Holtby - He played an unbelievable game. Really sucks to lose that one in OT, but we can beat these guys. This is going to be a series.

P.S. I love you Holtby!

The end of this game will either be amazing or severely depressing.

You nailed it. During the 3rd period, I started getting that sinking feeling. The Caps were dominating the 3rd period but had nothing to show for it. A few minutes into overtime, and boom it's over.

I thought Holtby played great. He could have stopped that last one, but he made plenty of other plays to put them in that position.

I hope the Caps learned in the 3rd period what it takes to play against the Bruins. Don't let that ending spoil the things you did to take control of the game. If they can play like that for the whole game in game 2, they will win.

The way Hunter keeps guys in his doghouse I'm not sure if this will happen or not, but I think they need to get Knuble in there for Game 2. Need a guy that knows how to battle and grind in the playoffs and get to the goal. He rebounded nicely in March so I was surprised to see him get the healthy scratch. I would probably bench Aucoin in Game 2 for Knuble. On the flip side I was somewhat surprised that Orlov got the HS for this game (although he's been struggling a bit lately) but probably a good idea as Sarge has playoff experience and played a pretty solid game. If the Caps can stay out of the box in game 2 they have a solid chance of coming home with this series tied at 1.

I've never been less disappointed after a playoff loss in my life. I thought that there was no shot in hell of this team advancing, but after this game I feel a lot better about our chances. The best part was not only Holtby's play, but the way the team rallied around him. The Caps are a tough team to score on right now, and if they're able to figure out some offense, they'll be that much better.

We've always had the misfortune of facing the hot goalie in the playoffs - Roloson last year, Halak the year before. Is this the time where we steal a series or 4 from the better team?

The way Hunter keeps guys in his doghouse I'm not sure if this will happen or not, but I think they need to get Knuble in there for Game 2. Need a guy that knows how to battle and grind in the playoffs and get to the goal. He rebounded nicely in March so I was surprised to see him get the healthy scratch. I would probably bench Aucoin in Game 2 for Knuble. On the flip side I was somewhat surprised that Orlov got the HS for this game (although he's been struggling a bit lately) but probably a good idea as Sarge has playoff experience and played a pretty solid game. If the Caps can stay out of the box in game 2 they have a solid chance of coming home with this series tied at 1.

Knuble can't play the PK, and seeing that he would be on a lower line (and should be) we can't afford to have to play top line players on the PK all game.