The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

If Holtby had any playoff jitters, he sure didn't act like it. I think he'll keep us in every game in the series, but we gotta put the damn puck on the net. And for the love of God, can someone please crowd the crease on make Thomas uncomfortable.

Holtby just has that "it" factor for me. Sure, I can't explain it or back it up, but he just seems to have a fire and intensity about him that we haven't seen in net since Kolzig. I really like this kid a lot and think he can take us a long way if we can score some goals.

Holtby just has that "it" factor for me. Sure, I can't explain it or back it up, but he just seems to have a fire and intensity about him that we haven't seen in net since Kolzig. I really like this kid a lot and think he can take us a long way if we can score some goals.

It's funny you say that because 3 years ago, before he worked for the team again, he was skating with some of the kids around camp time and was talking with a buddy of mine about Holtby and said he thought he was the best of the bunch.

It's funny you say that because 3 years ago, before he worked for the team again, he was skating with some of the kids around camp time and was talking with a buddy of mine about Holtby and said he thought he was the best of the bunch.

Kolzig said that? That's awesome.

Really need to sneak out of Boston with a win today. They need to keep putting shots on goal. Thomas was giving up a lot of rebounds on Thursday night. Keep attacking the net and playing like they did in that third period and good things will happen.

First blood!

Brouwer was Johnny on the spot with that put back, just perfect timing. Gotta keep playing lights out defense in the third.

Hunter was content to play a PK style defense the whole third period and try to win 1-0. Really conservative, really stupid. Poorly played by Holtby on that goal too. Just a little too aggressive when he didn't need to be. It's his biggest strength and his biggest weakness, IMO.

Hunter was content to play a PK style defense the whole third period and try to win 1-0. Really conservative, really stupid. Poorly played by Holtby on that goal too. Just a little too aggressive when he didn't need to be. It's his biggest strength and his biggest weakness, IMO.

Eh, it was a 50/50 play, wasn't a terrible play it happens all the time, BOS just got lucky it flipped up just enough to get over Holtby but stay under the bar.

I'm more upset that at 2min we should have had a PP to end the game, but they didn't call Thomas PUNCHING Nicky while he was being restrained. There is NO excuse for not calling that. He dropped his stick, reared back and punched him in the face with his blocker.

Eh, it was a 50/50 play, wasn't a terrible play it happens all the time, BOS just got lucky it flipped up just enough to get over Holtby but stay under the bar.

I'm more upset that at 2min we should have had a PP to end the game, but they didn't call Thomas PUNCHING Nicky while he was being restrained. There is NO excuse for not calling that. He dropped his stick, reared back and punched him in the face with his blocker.

I think it was unnecessary though, he just didn't need to do that in that situation.

Agreed on the no call, that blows my mind. Thomas needs to get knocked out.

I think it was unnecessary though, he just didn't need to do that in that situation.

Agreed on the no call, that blows my mind. Thomas needs to get knocked out.

If he didn't get a piece with that guy having a step on the D, Holtby is a half move away from beat. I agree it was aggressive, but 9/10 times that flips over the net IF it doesn't get poked out to the left. Just sucks.

I can't believe that they just let a kid coming back from a concussion get held back and then freely punched in the head with a blocker like that. I hope B. Shanahan was watching and is upset as I am, cause that could call down a couple game suspension.