The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

Lucic continues to be an asshole, and the refs continue to place equal blame on the instigator and the guy standing his ground.

Sort of like SG and atomic...but loving the action!

• Upvote 1

Lucic continues to be an asshole, and the refs continue to place equal blame on the instigator and the guy standing his ground.

Yep, Boston is trying to pull a "Flyers" with us, and unlike ****tsburgh, we aren't playing along; but we're still getting called on penalties just for being the "other party". These refs have been awful tonight. The Bruins are pretty much collectively giant pieces of ****.

The two games in Boston the refs weren't calling much of everything, now for whatever reason they decide to start calling everything. Caps need to be mindful of that and limit the turnovers when coming out of their own zone here in the 3rd.

I thought the defense abandoned Holtby tonight. Very poor effort there, IMO. Holtby could have been better on a couple of the goals, but there were just too many open looks for Boston.

I thought the defense abandoned Holtby tonight. Very poor effort there, IMO. Holtby could have been better on a couple of the goals, but there were just too many open looks for Boston.

I agree. The first goal he should have caught. The rest of the goals were on the defense. Two of them they let the Bruins get to the rebound. On the last one, something wasn't right that entire shift. Then to have the puck deflect off a stick and over him is just bad luck. He stops that puck if the stick isn't in the way. I don't blame Hamerlik for that, just a bad break. But I agree that the defense left him out to dry too many times tonight.

If there was one bright side about the loss, its that the main guys (Semin, Ovie, Backstrom and Green) all had pretty solid games. I've been getting really sick of the back end of the team willing them to victory.

If there was one bright side about the loss, its that the main guys (Semin, Ovie, Backstrom and Green) all had pretty solid games. I've been getting really sick of the back end of the team willing them to victory.

Green did play great, but man I want to see him put one in the net. He's so close and I keep waiting for him to put one in on the PP. There's a chance Backstrom could be suspended for Thursday's game, I hope that doesn't happen.

Green did play great, but man I want to see him put one in the net. He's so close and I keep waiting for him to put one in on the PP. There's a chance Backstrom could be suspended for Thursday's game, I hope that doesn't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if both things happen in the next game. I love Backstrom (he's seriously my favorite player), and I almost punched a hole in my TV when Thomas hit him in the head, but what he did at the end of last night's game was pretty inexcusable, I thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if both things happen in the next game. I love Backstrom (he's seriously my favorite player), and I almost punched a hole in my TV when Thomas hit him in the head, but what he did at the end of last night's game was pretty inexcusable, I thought.

I turned the TV off with like 5 seconds to go so I didn't see that play. Can't say that I blame him though as Lucic and others have been messing with him the whole series.

I turned the TV off with like 5 seconds to go so I didn't see that play. Can't say that I blame him though as Lucic and others have been messing with him the whole series.

You do what you have to do to not be pushed around, but you don't resort to a cheap shot like that. The Flyers have really done an excellent job putting up with Sid the Kid (more because of behavior than age at this point) and the Pens' buffoonery.

I really do not think Green is playing well at all. He seems slow and never tries to cutoff the puck to keep it in the crease when we are in their zone. His slapshot is weak, during the PP last night at the end, he took all three shots and they were all weak as hell. He had that one good shot in the first I think that Thomas made a nice save but other than that, his shots are not even getting to the goal, just bouncing off defenders.

I really do not think Green is playing well at all. He seems slow and never tries to cutoff the puck to keep it in the crease when we are in their zone. His slapshot is weak, during the PP last night at the end, he took all three shots and they were all weak as hell. He had that one good shot in the first I think that Thomas made a nice save but other than that, his shots are not even getting to the goal, just bouncing off defenders.

Well he and Hamrlik are the only two Ds that are + for the series, and while I think Hamr has been our best D by far so far this series, I do think Green has played well.

I think it'll be interesting having Backstrom suspended tonight. Hopefully the refs maybe pay a bit of attention to the Bruins this time around.

Well he and Hamrlik are the only two Ds that are + for the series, and while I think Hamr has been our best D by far so far this series, I do think Green has played well.

I think it'll be interesting having Backstrom suspended tonight. Hopefully the refs maybe pay a bit of attention to the Bruins this time around.

Stupid 2 day rest, we don't play until Thursday.