The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

And have to do it without Nick :/

Maybe the team will rebound with a newfound intensity at the suspension of what has been our best player, just like they played well in the game or two after he went down.

Probably not though :(

Maybe the team will rebound with a newfound intensity at the suspension of what has been our best player, just like they played well in the game or two after he went down.

Probably not though :(

Who knows? The Bruins might get confused. They'll have to find someone new to take cheapshots at.

Well he and Hamrlik are the only two Ds that are + for the series, and while I think Hamr has been our best D by far so far this series, I do think Green has played well.

I think it'll be interesting having Backstrom suspended tonight. Hopefully the refs maybe pay a bit of attention to the Bruins this time around.

I think Carlson and Alzner have been our best pairing, but I agree that Green and Hamrlik have done well also. The combo that is killing us right now is Wideman and Schultz. Those two were on the ice for two of the Bruins goals Monday night and were on the ice for the game tying goal given up on Saturday. Hunter has been limiting their minutes but he's still got to use them, let's hope they can improve their play.

Sucks to lose Backstrom for Game 4 as he's looked great in this series. Hunter has been using MoJo on the wing but I would think that he would slide over to Center while Nick sits out Game 4. It will be interesting to see who gets the sweater for this game. Probably between Knuble and Halpern.

I think Carlson and Alzner have been our best pairing, but I agree that Green and Hamrlik have done well also. The combo that is killing us right now is Wideman and Schultz. Those two were on the ice for two of the Bruins goals Monday night and were on the ice for the game tying goal given up on Saturday. Hunter has been limiting their minutes but he's still got to use them, let's hope they can improve their play.

Sucks to lose Backstrom for Game 4 as he's looked great in this series. Hunter has been using MoJo on the wing but I would think that he would slide over to Center while Nick sits out Game 4. It will be interesting to see who gets the sweater for this game. Probably between Knuble and Halpern.

Erskine in for Schultz for Game 4. Absolutely the right move by Dale Hunter. I do wish we'd get Knuble in, maybe with Backstrom sidelined for the game???

• Upvote 1

Erskine in for Schultz for Game 4. Absolutely the right move by Dale Hunter. I do wish we'd get Knuble in, maybe with Backstrom sidelined for the game???

I was just about to post that myself. I agree that it's a good move to put Erskine in there for Schultz. Erskine is definitely tougher and won't take any crap from the Bruins, he just needs to make sure he doesn't take any stupid penalties. I was reading that they do expect Erskine to get a sweater in place of Backstrom tonight. Big game tonight for the Caps!

Huge win last night, in large part due to the play of Holtby. Caps were getting crushed as far as possession and shots go for a while there and Holtby didn't blink. Nice to see him come up huge, but the Caps need to cut down on the shots allowed in game 5 on Saturday, maybe take a few more shots their selves. Caps played with much more discipline this game and it showed with only 1 penalty taken the whole game. This is something else that needs to continue on Saturday. Definitely a feel good win for this team and now they get Backstrom back for game 5 which is only going to help them even more.

Does Erskine stay in for Shultz? Will Knuble appear again?

I'd stick with Erskine over Schultz, I just think he fits better for this series. Backstrom is back so there is almost no chance of seeing Knuble in there, especially after he took that penalty in the 3rd.

Does Erskine stay in for Shultz? Will Knuble appear again?

Yes and No. Schultz doesn't play physically enough to help, Erskine was a wrecking ball out there. Knubs is out for Nicky no doubt. The real question is does MJ90 go back to the wing, or stay at C where he looked more comfy. He's been responsible for at least half of our goals in the playoffs, so you gotta get him more time near the puck.

Knuble's game was disappointing to me last night. He played well enough defensively, but was out of sync (understandably so) on offense and made that stupid penalty in a key part of the game. Fortunately it didn't cost us. I'm a Knuble fan, so I was definitely disappointed.

Yes and No. Schultz doesn't play physically enough to help, Erskine was a wrecking ball out there. Knubs is out for Nicky no doubt. The real question is does MJ90 go back to the wing, or stay at C where he looked more comfy. He's been responsible for at least half of our goals in the playoffs, so you gotta get him more time near the puck.

MJ90 saved the game for us last time when he was able to get back on defense when it was tied at 1. Boston had an odd man rush and if we went down a goal it could have been deflating.

2-0! Great hustle by Beagle and the whole team for that matter, we're fighting hard.

Knuble still getting some ice time. Thornton's doing his best to start a fight. As long as we don't get any penalties, and no stupid 4-4 situations we're looking good.

EDIT: I'm never posting again.