The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

Knuble's game was disappointing to me last night. He played well enough defensively, but was out of sync (understandably so) on offense and made that stupid penalty in a key part of the game. Fortunately it didn't cost us. I'm a Knuble fan, so I was definitely disappointed.

KNUBLE!!! What a set up by Ward.

Should be an interesting game. Boston definitely looked tired at the end of the game yesterday and they have a few D banged up as well, let's see if the Caps can take advantage.

Should be an interesting game. Boston definitely looked tired at the end of the game yesterday and they have a few D banged up as well, let's see if the Caps can take advantage.

They've brought more intensity to this game than the Caps have early on. They're playing like a desperate team on the verge of elimination. Caps need to answer back strong in the 2nd. On another note, the first goal def. wasn't on Holtby, and the 2nd one was kinda a bad beat too, but he probably still should have stopped the second one. Semin's stupid penalty is more to blame though on the 2nd goal, IMHO. Just terrible. I'll try not to steam too much on that though because he's really been damn good this series.

MJ90 just had one of the bigger choke jobs of this 1st round, IMO. Unreal that he wasn't able to hit that wide open net with no one on him.

I wish this were hyperbole, but I don't think it is.

They've brought more intensity to this game than the Caps have early on. They're playing like a desperate team on the verge of elimination. Caps need to answer back strong in the 2nd. On another note, the first goal def. wasn't on Holtby, and the 2nd one was kinda a bad beat too, but he probably still should have stopped the second one. Semin's stupid penalty is more to blame though on the 2nd goal, IMHO. Just terrible. I'll try not to steam too much on that though because he's really been damn good this series.

I don't think Semin's penalty was that bad and he was playing Defense on the play, couple that with how well he's been playing this series and he gets a pass on that one.

Being the team facing elimination you had to expect them to come out the aggressor and they certainly were early on. Caps started out a little flat here in the 2nd but seem to be picking it up a little bit right now. Big PK by the Caps after Ovie took the double minor. Caps had a couple chances here but Thomas with a few big saves. Big thing here going forward is just to keep it a 1 goal game and they're still in this.

MJ90 just had one of the bigger choke jobs of this 1st round, IMO. Unreal that he wasn't able to hit that wide open net with no one on him.

I wish this were hyperbole, but I don't think it is.

A little hyperbole, Semin had alot of heat on that pass and MoJo wanted to make sure he got the shot on goal, give Thomas credit for making the big save.

I don't think Semin's penalty was that bad and he was playing Defense on the play, couple that with how well he's been playing this series and he gets a pass on that one.

Being the team facing elimination you had to expect them to come out the aggressor and they certainly were early on. Caps started out a little flat here in the 2nd but seem to be picking it up a little bit right now. Big PK by the Caps after Ovie took the double minor. Caps had a couple chances here but Thomas with a few big saves. Big thing here going forward is just to keep it a 1 goal game and they're still in this.

Now that I've exhaled a bit, I agree.

We're lucky this is still a one goal game. The last 5 minutes or so of this 2nd period, Boston has just dominated our zone. It was a good time out by Julien to spark this change in momentum.

So the Caps are on the brink of going on the power play, then we draw a too many men on the ice penalty just as the refs arms go up signaling the Boston penalty. I can't make this **** up folks, I really can't. Un'effing real.

A little hyperbole, Semin had alot of heat on that pass and MoJo wanted to make sure he got the shot on goal, give Thomas credit for making the big save.

Nah man, if he even elevates that 6 inches it's a goal. Wide open net, the only thing Thomas can do is get it with his stick, how do you not elevate that even a little bit?

Now that I've exhaled a bit, I agree.

We're lucky this is still a one goal game. The last 5 minutes or so of this 2nd period, Boston has just dominated our zone. It was a good time out by Julien to spark this change in momentum.

So the Caps are on the brink of going on the power play, then we draw a too many men on the ice penalty just as the refs arms go up signaling the Boston penalty. I can't make this **** up folks, I really can't. Un'effing real.

Well, as it turns out we aren't going to get a too many men penalty, so we are on the power play after all. We need to take advantage of this here. I'm confused as to how we didn't get dinged there.

Nah man, if he even elevates that 6 inches it's a goal. Wide open net, the only thing Thomas can do is get it with his stick, how do you not elevate that even a little bit?

I don't think he had enough time to elevate it. Hard pass that he had to control first and then just enough time to get the shot on goal.

I don't think he had enough time to elevate it. Hard pass that he had to control first and then just enough time to get the shot on goal.

Okay, I'll yield to you on this. My problem as a hockey fan is that I never played it and have only been watching intently for a few years, so there are things I don't fully comprehend yet.

And this is why you gotta love Backstrom. An absolutely beautiful set up to Chimera on a one timer to tie this game up. It was just so beautiful by Backstrom that the whole thing looked like it was in slow motion. What. A. Pass!!!

• Upvote 1

Okay, I'll yield to you on this. My problem as a hockey fan is that I never played it and have only been watching intently for a few years, so there are things I don't fully comprehend yet.

Don't get me wrong it's definitely a goal that you expect him to get, but it was a tough play and you have to give Thomas a little credit as well. And as I type this Backstrom with the sick pass that puts it right on the stick of Chimera and he puts home the lay up!