The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

And this is why you gotta love Backstrom. An absolutely beautiful set up to Chimera on a one timer to tie this game up. It was just so beautiful by Backstrom that the whole thing looked like it was in slow motion. What. A. Pass!!!

Backstrom is the straw that stirs the drink and he showed it on that play. Great pass!!!

• Upvote 1

Backstrom is the straw that stirs the drink and he showed it on that play. Great pass!!!

No doubt.

Poor turnover there to lead to the penalty. That was just a bad play by Hendricks to give Boston a 4 on 3 to close out the 2nd.

I think we caught a break with that hit right before the Chimera goal. I'll take it. But of course with the penalty not being called, the Bruins are taking it into their own hands to avenge the hit. This could get quite scrappy in the 3rd period. Hopefully Hunter encourages the boys not to get too wrapped up in that in the 3rd. We need to keep playing our game.

Well, as it turns out we aren't going to get a too many men penalty, so we are on the power play after all. We need to take advantage of this here. I'm confused as to how we didn't get dinged there.

Yea the TV guys had the same brain fade as the Ref did initially on that play. It was true we had 6 skaters on the ice, but with the delayed penalty the goalie was not on the ice. Fortunately the Refs figured it out.

http://www.japersrink.com/2012/4/23/2968438/the-noon-number

99.3 - Percentage of the Capitals' first-round series with Boston which has been played with the score within a single goal through six games.

The games have been tied for 69.4% of the time, the Caps have had a one-goal lead for 26.8% of the time, the Bruins for 11.5% and the Caps held the only two-goal lead of the series... for less than three minutes in Game 5. And, as Caps Today points out, the series "is the first in NHL history to feature six straight one-goal games. Five of the six game-winning goals have come in the 59th minute of regulation or later in this series."

Pretty amazing how tight this series has been. Expecting another close contest on Wednesday, although the Caps recent history in game 7's does have me worried.

Why is Dennis Wideman getting the second highest number of minutes among our D men and almost as much as Alzner???

Because he plays on ST. It's still not a good idea, but I'm sure they don't want to disrupt things too much right now.

Because he plays on ST. It's still not a good idea, but I'm sure they don't want to disrupt things too much right now.

I guess, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of his PP time go to Green.

I guess, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of his PP time go to Green.

Green hasn't been much better. He's lost 2 steps and has been skated around a LOT this series. He's also been clumsy with the puck and I think our biggest problem is DW and MG are shells of their former selves and the reason we are struggling.

Game 7 is tonight! I'll admit that I'm pretty nervous about this game. With the Caps track record in game 7's I have to give the edge to Boston in this one. Maybe being on the road will help take some of the pressure off and they can just go out there and play. Going to need a big effort from Holtby in this one as well.