The Rick

1st RD - Caps vs. Bruins

Game 7 is tonight! I'll admit that I'm pretty nervous about this game. With the Caps track record in game 7's I have to give the edge to Boston in this one. Maybe being on the road will help take some of the pressure off and they can just go out there and play. Going to need a big effort from Holtby in this one as well.

One game, all or nothing now. EVERYONE is going to be on point, it's going to be crazy and low scoring I think. Crossing my fingers our offense gets going tonight.

One game, all or nothing now. EVERYONE is going to be on point, it's going to be crazy and low scoring I think. Crossing my fingers our offense gets going tonight.

I just hope this one doesn't go to OT b/c I don't think I could handle that.

While the Caps have shown the ability to battle back I think it would really help their cause if they can get the first goal tonight. Take the crowd out of it a little bit and take some of the pressure off. Need to stay disciplined tonight as well when it comes to taking penalties and getting the puck out of the zone. No need for lazy icing penalties tonight.

Tyler Seguin is someone the Caps need to keep an eye on, he had some great opportunities in game 6 besides his GWG.

I just hope this one doesn't go to OT b/c I don't think I could handle that.

While the Caps have shown the ability to battle back I think it would really help their cause if they can get the first goal tonight. Take the crowd out of it a little bit and take some of the pressure off. Need to stay disciplined tonight as well when it comes to taking penalties and getting the puck out of the zone. No need for lazy icing penalties tonight.

Tyler Seguin is someone the Caps need to keep an eye on, he had some great opportunities in game 6 besides his GWG.

Yep, the more the offense does, the less Braden has to stand on his head. BOS knows that though, so I expect them to play high intensity early and try to get a goal or two quick to get them playing catch up. It's going to be a rough one to watch, that's for sure.

Yep, the more the offense does, the less Braden has to stand on his head. BOS knows that though, so I expect them to play high intensity early and try to get a goal or two quick to get them playing catch up. It's going to be a rough one to watch, that's for sure.

My wife is working today and my daughter (2) doesn't go to bed until 8:30 I'll probably just DVR and start it at 8:30 that way I can blow by all the commercials and intermission. I'll just have to remember not to hop on my IPOD and accidentaly spoil the game for myself. (actually did this a few weeks ago when I was on FB, forgot that the Caps page showed up on my news feed)

Edited by DuffMan

Heading to the pub in an hour to pre-game and take in game 7 with a group of about 6 or 7 of us. I haven't though at all about this until just now, so I haven't been sweating it. Now I'm a nervous wreck. Nothing a few cold ones won't take care of though.

Enjoy the game tonight fellas. Hopefully at 10:30 or so we'll be on here talking about RD 2. ;) *knocks on wood*

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!! Huge game tonight boys, Holtby is goin to have to be on his A++ game for us to have a chance. Not saying the kid hasn't been outstanding, but he has allowed a few soft goals in this series that he can't afford to let by him tonight.

Absolute BS call there by the officals right at the end of the 3rd period of a game 7. No reason to make that call, luckily the PK came up big.