OFFNY

ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/10

I recall giving him credit, even after he pissed me off earlier in the season (for reasons that escape me).

He went to Ron Washington and said Wieters should play a few innings behind the plate instead of just pinch hitting. Great gesture, which we all appreciated.

Now some are calling him a "piece of garbage"..

How quickly we forget.

He went to Ron Washington and said Wieters should play a few innings behind the plate instead of just pinch hitting. Great gesture, which we all appreciated.

Now some are calling him a "piece of garbage"..

How quickly we forget.

Oh...no...I forget the reasons that he pissed me off. I remember the Wieters part.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• There is a Maryland basketball forum elsewhere on this website.   It’s worth discussing but really should be posted there.   
    • Overall, OPS is a better measure of offense than OBP by itself.   It just isn’t as good as it could be because it puts too much weight on the SLG component.   
    • You listed 17 schools, plus the 12 schools I listed.  That's 29.  I think Maryland is definitively better than Iowa, FSU, USC, TAMU, and Tennessee.  And Alabama as well.  I could make a case for a few others on that list as well to put it inside the top 20, but I could go either way on those.    Regardless I think that top-25 is the absolute floor for MD in terms of HC destination.  I think that is different from saying Maryland is a top-25 program.  Most of those programs have more recent success than Maryland, but for a prospective coach, potential matters as well, and Maryland's potential is sky-high.
    • Not bad. Here's mine: CF Mullins 2B Urias 1B Mountcastle RF Santander DH Mancini C Adley LF Hays 3B Odor SS Mateo
    • No offense but this is a really bad line of thinking and a poor way to build an offense. Luckily it seems like the Os understand this and are valuing OBP With the younger guys they are drafting and bringing into the organization.
    • Well, I’m sure Mancini is being tested regularly and is well aware of the risk of recurrence.    I’d say a recurrence this soon is not very likely, but of course I’m no doctor and don’t know any of the specifics about Mancini.   Praying for the best.   
    • Why is Maryland definitely a better job than any of these schools: Auburn (they are a top 5 team in terms of NBA talent right now), Florida, Syracuse, Texas, OSU, Oregon, Purdue, Wisconsin, Baylor, Tenn, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Fl St, USC and Texas A&M Thats to name a few.  You have some schools like Alabama that are getting better and better as well. The biggest MD has going for them bs some of those schools is that MD isn’t a football school.  No one cares about their football program. That can be a detriment in big football schools. But overall, I don’t see how MD is a better than any of those schools.  You can say it’s on par with a lot of them but not definitively better.
  • Popular Contributors