Sign in to follow this  
Dannyboy

Tigers set to acquire Cabrera, Willis from Marlins

Just heard on XM that the Tigers and Marlins are discussing a trade involving MCab and Willis. No major details though. But they did say it was a possible blockbuster deal.

IF this were to ever happen.

The Orioles should be all over Brandon Inge.

Well I said that like 4 years ago, maybe its a little late now :(

Anyone got a time machine?

I feel like the white sox are still going to come out of this with Mcab....I believe Bigbird has hinted at this, and Ozzie's comments this morning convince me even more so:

via rotoworld:Miguel Cabrera has reportedly lost 15 pounds since beginning a new workout program.

"If you see Miguel Cabrera now, you will be surprised," Ozzie Guillen said. "I told the Marlins he's going to be in the best shape you've ever seen him in. Whoever gets this guy is going to have a heck of a ballplayer with a different mentality. He's a big man and he has to take care of himself. He has the power and talent to be one of the best players ever." Interestingly, Guillen made headlines for calling Cabrera a "fat boy" last season.

From the LA Times

Rosenthal:

The Marlins, stalled in their attempts to trade third baseman Miguel Cabrera, could be laying the groundwork for an even bigger deal.

The Marlins and Tigers are engaged in preliminary talks about a blockbuster that would send Cabrera and left-hander Dontrelle Willis to Detroit for a package of young players, according to major-league sources.

Outfielder Cameron Maybin and left-hander Andrew Miller likely are among the Marlins' targets. The Tigers already feature two veteran left-handed starters, Kenny Rogers and Nate Robertson, possibly making Miller available in a deal for Willis.

Cabrera would play third base for the Tigers. It is uncertain what would happen to the Tigers' incumbent third baseman, Brandon Inge, if a deal were completed; he possibly could be sent to another team.

The Marlins are at an impasse in their talks about Cabrera with the Angels. The teams are in agreement on three players the Marlins would receive, sources say — second baseman Howie Kendrick, catcher Jeff Mathis and minor-league pitcher Nick Adenhart. The Angels are balking at including right-hander Ervin Santana; the substitution of outfielder Reggie Willits possibly could lead to a deal.

MCab better be dealt soon

Damn! Since you posted this in the Orioles talk forum you had me all excited that MacPhail had pulled off a good enough deal for Daniel Cabrera to make him jump at it before even dealing with Bedard and Tejada.

Although I guess you would have spelled his name CaBBrera instead of CabreRRa. ;);)

Would the White Sox offer Danks and Gonzalez?

If they offered both, a Danks/Gonzalez/Quentin/Fields package looks pretty sweet if you are Florida.

Damn! Since you posted this in the Orioles talk forum you had me all excited that MacPhail had pulled off a good enough deal for Daniel Cabrera to make him jump at it before even dealing with Bedard and Tejada.
Same here. Got my hopes up.

Although I guess you would have spelled his name CaBBrera instead of CabreRRa. ;);)

I was duped as well. I think it should be a rule or at least a guideline that Daniel is officically DCab and Miguel is MCab.

Sorry for all the confussion. If a moderator could move the thread to the proper forum, it would be greatly apreciated. Again, please accept my apology, i was not out to misslead anyone.

• Upvote 1