What cheap shots did he take at "the rest of us?" I'm not even sure what cheap shots he took at Tony on Twitter.

He admitted to calling the OH out as a competitive gesture. Not one I can agree with.

Speaking of childish...
Fo real. Initially held back on this post, but here it is:

Who is petulant, exactly? I had a few mean arguments with SG in my early years, but I scarcely remember them now. Scottie is a good man and you are entitled to your thoughts, but your post seems unnecessarily vindictive and hypocritical. Either you value decorum and avoid name-calling or you don't.

How so? Who am I calling names?

Look I don't really have a problem with Chris Stoner...I never did when he was here. More power to him in all of his endeavors and I shouldn't have taken a shot at his radio stuff. For that I apologize and I will delete that part of my post.

I do think it's kind of shady for him to try and lure posters from here to his board. I agree that there is nothing wrong with posting on both boards and it's not disloyal. I also don't see a problem with pointing out the silliness of him paying to post on here for years and now acting like people are dumb for doing so.

• Upvote 1

I'm hurt that no one's tried to steal me from OH. Am I worthless?

Anyway, back to the original purpose of the thread, I hope SG grows up a little and comes back. His comments are always insightful and something I look for in threads. He just could use some maturing.

You know he's in his 30's right? ;)

He and Andrew Bynum can work on maturation together. :D

You're sniping away at someone who can't even come on here and defend himself. You're accusing someone who can't defend himself of being a petulant little child, while you are pretty much Exhibit A of how a petulant little child acts.

Really? I made one post in response to a question from another poster. How exactly am I "exhibit A..."?

Really? I made one post in response to a question from another poster. How exactly am I "exhibit A..."?

You're one post was pretty over the top, and several people objected to it. Don't act like it was nothing.

Look I don't really have a problem with Chris Stoner...I never did when he was here. More power to him in all of his endeavors and I shouldn't have taken a shot at his radio stuff. For that I apologize and I will delete that part of my post.

I do think it's kind of shady for him to try and lure posters from here to his board. I agree that there is nothing wrong with posting on both boards and it's not disloyal. I also don't see a problem with pointing out the silliness of him paying to post on here for years and now acting like people are dumb for doing so.

If that's the case, I'll rest my case. I wish you would have taken this type of approach from the beginning.

He admitted to calling the OH out as a competitive gesture. Not one I can agree with.

Calling out how?

Crissfan made a rather derogatory remark towards Stoner and has not backed it up in the least. If someone has something legit, then I'll agree. But I don't get how anyone can point to him asking why people would pay for a message board when there's a viable alternative (in his opinion) as if that's some cheap shot or attack.

You're one post was pretty over the top, and several people objected to it. Don't act like it was nothing.

If that's the case, I'll rest my case. I wish you would have taken this type of approach from the beginning.

In what way exactly? Which part did you disagree with?

Does he not act childish? Does he not think he's the smartest guy in the room? Does he not constantly tell others how much dumber and inferior they are to him?

I'm a little confused by this post. You admit that you shouldn't have taken a shot at him and have since deleted that part of the post, yet you aren't sure why I or anyone else thought there was a problem with the post? You also called SG a name, but that's at least staying on topic.

And here's where I may get in trouble... I also think the post you quoted was totally uncalled for and a very personal attack, so just that you quoted and agreed with him is too much of a validation of that type of behavior imo.

In what way exactly? Which part did you disagree with?

Does he not act childish? Does he not think he's the smartest guy in the room? Does he not constantly tell others how much dumber and inferior they are to him?

I'm a little confused by this post. You admit that you shouldn't have taken a shot at him and have since deleted that part of the post, yet you aren't sure why I or anyone else thought there was a problem with the post? You also called SG a name, but that's at least staying on topic.

And here's where I may get in trouble... I also think the post you quoted was totally uncalled for and a very personal attack, so just that you quoted and agreed with him is too much of a validation of that type of behavior imo.

Letters.

It's interesting and sad imo how a thread about SG being banned has turned into lets attack Stoner, a guy who was a longtime respected and cordial member of this board before putting in a ton of work during his stint as Tony's right hand man. Yeah, that didn't pan out for whatever reasons (that are, or at least weren't public), and now he's started his own board. Other than the soliciting members on this site, I'm not sure how he deserves all of these personal attacks.

You know what, why don't you leave? Your act is old and you obviously have no respect for me or this community. You want to go support Stoner, be my guest. You wanna say how having loyalty to our community is silly, go right ahead. It says more about your character than anything else. Honestly, those who think having loyalty to a Community is silly really don't get what this community is all about. I feel sorry for those of you who think this place is nothing more than a place to state your opinion against faceless names on a message board. You are missing out on that community feeling, knowing that you belong someplace with a group of friends. whether it's a disagreement with the Orioles or another message board, you are the first guy to jump in to support the other people.

I'm not going to ban you because you haven't broken any rules, and respecting me and this site is not a requirement, but good lord man, why do you want to stick around a place you hold so little regard to? Stoner said it himself, I'm just ripping people off, right? For a guy who's been around here since 2004, you sure do have a funny way of "supporting" a site/community in any quarrel.

We had a good run, but if you feel a need to be Stoner's guy, feel free to do it on his site.

Well I think you likely respect far more people than you should if you want to go by that standard considering the offence we are talking about. Or you respect almost no one. :D

Anyway, the point is that he had nothing to do with the topic of this thread and then some decided to run his name through the mud. Maybe you should think about that when dealing with the topic of respect.

Mweb, relax. It was a meaningless platitude, not mudslinging. I don't believe that I have stated anything disrespectful in this thread. I have stated opinions that have been far from scathing.

I respect you as a poster, but you seem a bit over-invested in this conversation.

You know what, why don't you leave? Your act is old and you obviously have no respect for me or this community. You want to go support Stoner, be my guest. You wanna say how having loyalty to our community is silly, go right ahead. It says more about your character than anything else. Honestly, those who think having loyalty to a Community is silly really don't get what this community is all about. I feel sorry for those of you who think this place is nothing more than a place to state your opinion against faceless names on a message board. You are missing out on that community feeling, knowing that you belong someplace with a group of friends. whether it's a disagreement with the Orioles or another message board, you are the first guy to jump in to support the other people.

I'm not going to ban you because you haven't broken any rules, and respecting me and this site is not a requirement, but good lord man, why do you want to stick around a place you hold so little regard to? Stoner said it himself, I'm just ripping people off, right? For a guy who's been around here since 2004, you sure do have a funny way of "supporting" a site/community in any quarrel.

We had a good run, but if you feel a need to be Stoner's guy, feel free to do it on his site.

Why should anyone feel the need to be somebody's guy?