I just don't understand what is so difficult about acting like a reasonable adult. Is it so hard to say "I disagree with your idea" instead of "your idea is stupid"?

It is when you're a petulant little child and of the opinion that you're always by far the smartest guy in the room. This is a guy that can't stand me because like 10 years ago I backed out of his fantasy baseball league because I didn't want to pay like 30 dollars, which I never agreed to pay in the first place. This is a better place without someone constantly telling others how stupid and inferior they are to him.

Edited by ledzepp8
  • Upvote 1

Chris writes good O's stuff. Tony runs the best O's message board. There's room for both. And the idea of loyalty to a message board is rather silly.

I can understand if people didn't know the details. Now they do. Either way, you are free to do whatever you like. It's not like you are going to be banned at the Hangout for posting elsewhere. It's probably my fault really, I tend to think of Hangouters, especially longtime Hangouters as my friends, my community. I'm a loyal guy by nature I guess and I'm the guy who will back his friends no matter what. I know you've been a Hangouter for a longtime and I don't think your are disloyal because you posted over there to dicuss his content. Again, you and everyone else are free to choose to post wherever. Your status is not going to change on the Hangout.

Good to know, thanks.

Chris writes good O's stuff. Tony runs the best O's message board. There's room for both. And the idea of loyalty to a message board is rather silly.

Tony wasn't talking about loyalty to a message board, he was talking about loyalty to this community, which is what we are at OH. It seemed like he was initially suggesting that those who signed up at BSL were siding with Chris over their feud, when in reality it wasn't that at all. I think Tony is perfectly fine with sharing the wealth, depending on the circumstances.

I'm referring to the forums and sub-forums. It is clear that he is not attempting to create something new...IMHO.

Haha...c'mon dude...Gameday Live is totally different from Game Threads.

It's no wonder Scottie, look who he's best friends with. I got forwarded a link to a youtube video of Stoner auditioning for some radio show contest or something a couple of years ago. It was the most awkwardly stiff thing I've ever seen and just plain laughably bad.

It would seem to me that he just took the position here to get access that he couldn't get on his own and to make a little bit of a name for himself, so that he could bail and try and go off on his own. That looks to be a pretty smart move judging by the 247 members on his site and the record high of 57 users online at one time back in March.

Speaking of childish...

• Upvote 1

Speaking of childish...

Fo real. Initially held back on this post, but here it is:

Who is petulant, exactly? I had a few mean arguments with SG in my early years, but I scarcely remember them now. Scottie is a good man and you are entitled to your thoughts, but your post seems unnecessarily vindictive and hypocritical. Either you value decorum and avoid name-calling or you don't.

When the whole drama with FO was going on, he was saying stuff like, "Why would you want to have to pay to talk about the Orioles" as if we're stupid to pay to post here. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Kind of funny considering he did that very thing for quite a few years. Now he wants to sing a different tune since he's trying to poach posters to his new board.

• Downvote 1

It's interesting and sad imo how a thread about SG being banned has turned into lets attack Stoner, a guy who was a longtime respected and cordial member of this board before putting in a ton of work during his stint as Tony's right hand man. Yeah, that didn't pan out for whatever reasons (that are, or at least weren't public), and now he's started his own board. Other than the soliciting members on this site, I'm not sure how he deserves all of these personal attacks.

It's interesting and sad imo how a thread about SG being banned has turned into lets attack Stoner, a guy who was a longtime respected and cordial member of this board before putting in a ton of work during his stint as Tony's right hand man. Yeah, that didn't pan out for whatever reasons (that are, or at least weren't public), and now he's started his own board. Other than the soliciting members on this site, I'm not sure how he deserves all of these personal attacks.

You know the saying...it takes a lifetime to gain respect, but only an instant to lose it.

You know the saying...it takes a lifetime to gain respect, but only an instant to lose it.

Well I think you likely respect far more people than you should if you want to go by that standard considering the offence we are talking about. Or you respect almost no one. :D

Anyway, the point is that he had nothing to do with the topic of this thread and then some decided to run his name through the mud. Maybe you should think about that when dealing with the topic of respect.

I'm hurt that no one's tried to steal me from OH. Am I worthless?

Anyway, back to the original purpose of the thread, I hope SG grows up a little and comes back. His comments are always insightful and something I look for in threads. He just could use some maturing.

• Upvote 2

Yep you got me. And how am I being "classless"?

You're sniping away at someone who can't even come on here and defend himself. You're accusing someone who can't defend himself of being a petulant little child, while you are pretty much Exhibit A of how a petulant little child acts.

• Downvote 1