mweb

Getting attacked and not given the opportunity to respond

Mashed Potatoes: are you, or have you ever been, a member of the BSL party????

I am indeed! Signed up awhile ago, posted twice or so, and haven't really been back (except to see how people there were talking about this drama).

Prediction: not enough to move me into the non-foxhole category, but we'll wait for selection sunday to see what happens!

It could easily be argued that his personal issues also grant him particular insight on what's particularly appropiate.

I don't see what the argument would be for taking a thread about SG being banned and then taking that opportunity to take personal shots at him that go far and beyond just referring to his PM's on here.

LMAO...what exactly did I do? Share my personal experience and opinion of the guy? It's okay for folks to come here and say, "Oh, I think Chris is a super-nice guy!", but my sharing an opinion to the contrary isn't cool?
I'm sure his being unemployed, without children, and seemingly not much of a life outside of his sports journalism pursuits had everything to do with that, but I digress.
It's ashame that (at least for me) his attitude toward me is enough to ignore him and his work and to let anyone who asks know he's an arrogant little (jerk). That kid's got a mouth on him. Talks to people all wrong. I'm generally not one to stand by and watch that happen, particularly when it's directed at me. I'm not really a hard guy to get along with, but Chris found a way.

First off, there wasn't really any good reason for that thread to become about bashing him, secondly, there's a difference between saying I don't like the guy and I thought him PMing our members was bush league and the above quotes. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to say. Either way, we're obviously aren't going to agree on the matter.

I am indeed! Signed up awhile ago, posted twice or so, and haven't really been back (except to see how people there were talking about this drama).

Prediction: not enough to move me into the non-foxhole category, but we'll wait for selection sunday to see what happens!

I wonder who would be the top seed for each group? :P

Also, I can't be sure of this because I'm not privy to the numbers, but it seems like the sign-ups at BS&L have spiked over the last day. Considering Tony's opinion of all of the OH bashing at The Sun and elsewhere (that it draws more people here than otherwise would read, many of whom join), I find that pretty amusing.

First off, there wasn't really any good reason for that thread to become about bashing him, secondly, there's a difference between saying I don't like the guy and I thought him PMing our members was bush league and the above quotes. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to say. Either way, we're obviously aren't going to agree on the matter.

But it's okay that a few people in that thread said they like him, have no problem with him, etc. I offer up facts and an opinion to the contrary and that doesn't fly with you. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

But it's okay that a few people in that thread said they like him, have no problem with him, etc. I offer up facts and an opinion to the contrary and that doesn't fly with you. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

So, if someone says they like you and think you're a good guy, does that make it cool for someone else to just trash you and take things to a completely different level?

So, if someone says they like you and think you're a good guy, does that make it cool for someone else to just trash you and take things to a completely different level?

Yes, when you're in your house, you can do what you want to do. Apparently Stoner came into Tony's house and tried to underhandedly steel his members. As someone who works with Tony, its fair game for Scottie to let us all know this wasn't a friendly game. He simply let us know that Stoner isn't such a nice fella.

That's my take anyway....I didn't know anything about this situation until this all started with SG. I guess I'm naive, but this is the place I go everyday online, and I have never even had a thought of looking anywhere else. To me, if there is Orioles news, its gonna be found and discussed on here. Why go elsewhere?

Yes, when you're in your house, you can do what you want to do. Apparently Stoner came into Tony's house and tried to underhandedly steel his members. As someone who works with Tony, its fair game for Scottie to let us all know this wasn't a friendly game. He simply let us know that Stoner isn't such a nice fella.

That's my take anyway....I didn't know anything about this situation until this all started with SG. I guess I'm naive, but this is the place I go everyday online, and I have never even had a thought of looking anywhere else. To me, if there is Orioles news, its gonna be found and discussed on here. Why go elsewhere?

So, you are in the Foxhole? I always figured you for a Fragger.

Yeah, I had no idea either, and frankly I don't really care. I love OH. It's undoubtedly the best baseball website ever. I'll come here to see news on the O's as long as they exist. I get what Tony means when he talks about the community. That said, I'm also going to look at other sites that talk about the O's.

I think you're good man. ;)

Also, I can't be sure of this because I'm not privy to the numbers, but it seems like the sign-ups at BS&L have spiked over the last day. Considering Tony's opinion of all of the OH bashing at The Sun and elsewhere (that it draws more people here than otherwise would read, many of whom join), I find that pretty amusing.

Wow, you really are the king at the jerkstore aren't you? Well "Mr. thinks he smarter then he is"-pants, the first day without Sports Guy our page views actually jumped 7,000 more. Maybe some people feel better about posting their thoughts without fear of having their intelligence questioned or being called a moron. Thanks for trying to indicate more people are jumping. I'm going to go ahead and consider this an attack on our site and give you a break. I think your run here is over and you have perfectly good place to start chatting away at. Thanks for your previous support and good luck to you. Maybe your buddies mweb and Allstar will follow?

This is where I start to take exception with this whole discussion. While I agree with your premise and think that a man ought to be able to act the way he wants in his own castle, the same man can look like a jerk if he holds his guests to higher standards than the ones to which he holds himself. For instance, if I tell you to take your shoes off when you walk through the front door, I look like a jerk if I have my muddy work boots on. That my be my perogative, but that doesn't mean I'm not coming off as a jerk. If I get on your case about using a coaster on my nice coffee table, there better be a coaster under my frosty glass too.

I totally understand how much time and effort has gone into this website. I totally understand everyone's feelings and why all parties are so defensive of their projects (their passion, really). That's not in question, IMO. But if you're going to establish a code of conduct for the community, make it one of the top MOs of the community to enforce said code of conduct, but fail to abide by the code of conduct that you've established, that's not setting a strong example for the rest of the community.

Edited by Sanfran327