Leo Gomez

Dodgers Sign Andruw

Hu is ranked as the 3rd best Dodgers prospect by BA, one spot below LaRoche, and will probably be in the 40-80 range in most prospect lists.

My impression is that Hu is an extremely gifted defensive SS -- maybe the most gifted defenisve SS to come through the minors in seveal years. Is that accurate? If so, I think that is going to appeal to MacPhail and Trembley, so long as they believe he'll be presentable on offense.

My impression is that Hu is an extremely gifted defensive SS -- maybe the most gifted defenisve SS to come through the minors in seveal years. Is that accurate? If so, I think that is going to appeal to MacPhail and Trembley, so long as they believe he'll be presentable on offense.

I haven't seen much of him at all, and I'm not sure he's that he's the most gifted defensive SS to come through the minors in years, but he is considered a great defensive SS. He should be decent with the bat as well. I'd really like to get him back, but would rather have LaRoche.

I would rather not talk about tonight. But Andruw Jones signing for less and now, opens up alot of things..

Why not? You certainly werent shy last night? If you were wrong in your information why cant you say it? Come on Peace...at least you are the only one of the 3 still posting. ;)

Whatever happened to Shopay's notion that Bedard was going to Seattle for Jones/Balentien, Morrow and a prospect... AND we were supposed to "look for an announcement tomorrow?"

I want to know what happened last night too, but there are about three thousand better ways to go about it than this post. I'm really tired of you coming on here tweaking these guys and standing behind the "it is just my opinion" card. For better or worse, guys like you are affecting the ability of guys like me to get information that I'd like to have REGARDLESS of whether it comes to fruition or not. You can say, "Well they shouldn't be so sensitive", but that isn't the point. It is their information, risk, etc... so they can choose to do with it what they want. They are choosing not to participate rather than put up with crap (and I don't particularly blame them).

You (and some like you) are restricting access for the rest of us because you'd rather tweak someone who you think is in a position of power and shouldn't be. I have opinions on some of the insiders and the stuff they post too, but I'm able to stifle my opinions for the common good/desire to read what they have to say. I'm going to ask you ONE MORE TIME to please show some maturity and just stay away from criticizing, questioning, critiquing, etc... the insiders. There is no possible upside OTHER than them choosing not to post their information and that isn't acceptable to a large majority of us. If you choose to continue this sort of thing, I'm really going to lose my patience with you.

You can blame Boogie and others if you wish, but if your access is being restricted it's because the insiders are restricting it, not Boogie. 95 % of the Hangout openly adores the insiders. If the insders wish to punish the 95% because they don't like that a few question their info, then that's a real shame. :rolleyes:

Guess you'll just have to check Rotoworld and ESPN in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

I want to know what happened last night too, but there are about three thousand better ways to go about it than this post. I'm really tired of you coming on here tweaking these guys and standing behind the "it is just my opinion" card. For better or worse, guys like you are affecting the ability of guys like me to get information that I'd like to have REGARDLESS of whether it comes to fruition or not. You can say, "Well they shouldn't be so sensitive", but that isn't the point. It is their information, risk, etc... so they can choose to do with it what they want. They are choosing not to participate rather than put up with crap (and I don't particularly blame them).

You (and some like you) are restricting access for the rest of us because you'd rather tweak someone who you think is in a position of power and shouldn't be. I have opinions on some of the insiders and the stuff they post too, but I'm able to stifle my opinions for the common good/desire to read what they have to say. I'm going to ask you ONE MORE TIME to please show some maturity and just stay away from criticizing, questioning, critiquing, etc... the insiders. There is no possible upside OTHER than them choosing not to post their information and that isn't acceptable to a large majority of us. If you choose to continue this sort of thing, I'm really going to lose my patience with you.

Dont get carried away. I was not involved last night with any of it....didnt even post. And what arey you exactly threatening me with?

This response is bull and you know it. It doesn't matter whether their reaction is proportional or not ONCE we know what their reaction will be. He is well aware (just like the rest of us), that they don't want people on here consistently questioning, tweaking, insinuating crap about them. Once I know a dog will bite me if I grab his ears, I'm the idiot if I continue to grab them. He (and some others) continue to grab them. If it was just him getting bitten I wouldn't care how stupid he acts, but it is affecting the rest of us AND he is intelligent enough to realize that.

Don't patronize me, RZ. I'm not an idiot and you know it. And you should no better than most on this board that I've managed to keep my thoughts to myself about some of what has gone on. All I'm asking is that the rest of us show similar restraint.

Do you believe it is acceptable for an insider to tease the board, ala dangling a steak in front of a dog? Because that is what two of them did last night. It crashed the board and resulted in the thread being closed.

I'm not "threatening" you with anything except a loss of patience for your antics which is exactly what I typed.

If you don't think your antics over the past few weeks had anything to do with what happened last night, then you aren't as intelligent as I thought you were. Hell, your post this morning was you delighting in what happened last night and you know it.

What happened last night had NOTHING to do with me or other posters other than the insiders. The two of them acted like children and then BB deleted the thread. I WASNT involved. How many times do you want me to say that?

They probably realized that nothing was going to happen so they backed off. In fact, BB teased us one more time before deleting the thread.

So stop with the insults because I am losing my patience with you now

• Upvote 1

This response is bull and you know it. It doesn't matter whether their reaction is proportional or not ONCE we know what their reaction will be. He is well aware (just like the rest of us), that they don't want people on here consistently questioning, tweaking, insinuating crap about them. Once I know a dog will bite me if I grab his ears, I'm the idiot if I continue to grab them. He (and some others) continue to grab them. If it was just him getting bitten I wouldn't care how stupid he acts, but it is affecting the rest of us AND he is intelligent enough to realize that.

Don't patronize me, RZ. I'm not an idiot and you know it. And you should no better than most on this board that I've managed to keep my thoughts to myself about some of what has gone on. All I'm asking is that the rest of us show similar restraint.

You got it right the first time. It's know, not no.

I've pretty much bitten my proverbial lip for some time now, after feeling of the wrath of the board 2 or 3 years back for questioning some insder. Maybe it was WildBill. Don't remember. But enough is enough. These guys get their asses kissed by just about everyone around here. SOME of them are so taken with themselves that they get offended at the littlelest thing. Someone questions your info or your source? Big F'n deal. Get over it. Someone questions these guys, and they are personally attacked by most of the board. These guys get pissed off, they're like a union. They go on strike. LOL They have power and they use it. Now maybe they are holding you and most of the board hostage. Oh well! It's free speech. Then again, maybe it's not.

• Upvote 1

No, I don't think it is acceptable, but I also don't know what motivated what happened last night. My post had nothing to do with what happened last night. I have no opinion on what happened, because I don't have enough information. I was one of the masses locked out from 9:30-11:00ish.

Look, my response was directed specifically at Boogie because he chose to pick on the post from Peace's where he wrote he didn't want to discuss last night. It looked to me like Peace was trying to move on and stop stirring that pot. It also looked to me like Boogie was intentionally trying to tweak him for the 4th or 5th time this week (well, him or the insiders in general). I stand by my post.

You have no opinion? How about going to every board blaming me for everything? I wasnt involved so I am asking you one more time to stop

Wow, so I type a post quickly, make a common mistake, don't catch it by proofreading, and you decide to that this is a good opportunity to F with me? You're quite a guy. Grow up.

It was a joke. As usual, you are the most sensitive person on here. F with you? Oh no! I'd be too scared to do that. :rolleyes:

You can blame Boogie and others if you wish, but if your access is being restricted it's because the insiders are restricting it, not Boogie. 95 % of the Hangout openly adores the insiders. If the insders wish to punish the 95% because they don't like that a few question their info, then that's a real shame. :rolleyes:

Guess you'll just have to check Rotoworld and ESPN in the meantime.

Common' man, you're better than this.... if someone leads a post with "Read as little or as much into this as you want"... and you choose to read a lot into it, and then complain when it doesn't happen, isn't there something wrong with that? How about just choosing to "Read as little into it" instead of trying to get into the spotlight by creating posts that provide no additive value to this site? Not that you're doing this, but you seem to be supporting those who do... This isn't a Media outlet that provides hard news for us.... it is largely an opinion based site with a few rules to keep it from becoming like the cheezie MLB forum sites where every other post is "Breaking News" with some schmuck posting garbage just trying to "F" with everyone and get into the spotlight... please, lets not manage this site by the lowest common denominator.

Wow, so I type a post quickly, make a common mistake, don't catch it by proofreading, and you decide to that this is a good opportunity to F with me? You're quite a guy. Grow up.

VA, for the record:

I have challenged BB once in over 4000 posts

I never challenged or insulted Belkast

I never challenged or insulted Peace

I never challenged or insulted Sonny

I did challenge Wild Bill. Where is he now? All of my other posts on this issue was just defending peoples right to challenge anyone and defending my own right to discuss the subject.

Check my posts if you want...they are all there. If I am wrong, the insiders can correct me.