OFFNY

L.A. KINGS Reach Stanley Cup Finals for the Second Time Ever (3 Times, Now)

o

Woo hoo. I was never a big hockey fan, but the L.A. Kings have been my favorite team for as long as I have been a COB in the other 3 sports (1971.)  :cool:

It's only the second time in franchise history that they have reached the Stanley Cup Finals.

Go, Kings.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sn-kings-coyotes-game-5-20120522,0,6114349.story

o

Woo hoo. I was never a big hockey fan, but the L.A. Kings have been my favorite team for as long as I have been a COB in the other 3 sports (1971). :cool:

It's only the second time in franchise history that they have reached the Stanley Cup Finals.

Go, Kings.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sn-kings-coyotes-game-5-20120522,0,6114349.story

They lost last time...and they don't exactly have Wayne this time.

All kidding aside, I love their team, built the right way, and the big gamble they took reuniting Richards and Carter, taking on both big contracts was a stroke of genius. I wanted the Caps to take on Richards deal cause I thought that in the right place he'd be a superstar, but no way Philly was trading him here. They are going to run into some cap issues soon though, with Kopitar, Richards and Carter, and having to sign Quick to an extension this season.

• Upvote 1

They lost last time...and they don't exactly have Wayne this time.

All kidding aside, I love their team, built the right way, and the big gamble they took reuniting Richards and Carter, taking on both big contracts was a stroke of genius. I wanted the Caps to take on Richards deal cause I thought that in the right place he'd be a superstar, but no way Philly was trading him here. They are going to run into some cap issues soon though, with Kopitar, Richards and Carter, and having to sign Quick to an extension this season.

Do you see either NJ or the Rags beating them? They've looked damn good this post season. I guess the only concern is if the Eastern Conference series goes 7 would the long lay off hurt them.

Do you see either NJ or the Rags beating them? They've looked damn good this post season. I guess the only concern is if the Eastern Conference series goes 7 would the long lay off hurt them.

I'd be surprised if either took ONE game from LA. That conservative defense NY runs might slow down the offense a bit, but they'll still get a couple a game, and NY can't score enough to keep up. NJ just can't run and gun with LA. If it goes 7, NY will be too exhausted to play them, and NJ will still be outmatched. I think the Caps had the best shot at beating them, because they played that same NY defense, but can score better than NY can.

Kings are a good story this year, although being a Sharks fan makes it hard to root for them, it's definitely better than NY/NJ. Bleh.

Really a Caps fan, but Sharks are on the radio out here. Plus the Shark Tank is a great arena as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

There really hasn't been a team that's looked this unquestionably dominant leading up to the Finals as the Kings have. Just incredible all around play.

• Upvote 1

The only two games they've lost in the postseason have been in series in which they've led 3-0, and they've yet to lose on the road. They're going to sweep the Rangers or Devils, in my opinion ... I'm actually pretty surprised they didn't finish Phoenix off in four. Far superior in every way.

I'm a Penguins fan, so it's bittersweet to see Scuderi about to get another Cup. Really wished he hadn't left, but if you're willing to pay $4 million for a stay-at-home defender (like, seriously, zero offensive potential), I guess you deserve his services.

• Upvote 1

The only two games they've lost in the postseason have been in series in which they've led 3-0, and they've yet to lose on the road. They're going to sweep the Rangers or Devils, in my opinion ... I'm actually pretty surprised they didn't finish Phoenix off in four. Far superior in every way.

I'm a Penguins fan, so it's bittersweet to see Scuderi about to get another Cup. Really wished he hadn't left, but if you're willing to pay $4 million for a stay-at-home defender (like, seriously, zero offensive potential), I guess you deserve his services.

Just goes to show you how important those really good stay at home guys are. Hal Gill is like the epitome of a stay at home guy, but he'll get $3-5m per year cause he does it well and blocks so many shots.

I'm not much of a hockey fan, I'm an Oilers fan the way OFFNY is a Kings fan, but I will always root against anything from Jersey.

• Upvote 1

o

Wow. The Kings win Game Three by a shutout, 4-0.

In this playoff run, this team is even more dominant than the Montreal Canadien teams that I used to watch in the early 70's when I was a little kid. I didn't think that that was possible.

o

Wow. The Kings win Game Three by a shutout, 4-0.

In this playoff run, this team is even more dominant than the Montreal Canadien teams that I used to watch in the early 70's when I was a little kid. I didn't think that that was possible.

Told you I'd be surprised if NJ took one game. ;)

• Upvote 1

Told you I'd be surprised if NJ took one game. ;)

I'm still bummed about the Caps losing to NY, but I feel a little better seeing the way the Kings are just running roughshod through everyone right now, it's just their year.

• Upvote 1