Tony-OH

Orioles 2012 Draft Tracker

I was going to say no way Hutter signs for 10K then I saw this:

He was a college senior and had no leverage. When we look back at the bonuses in the 10th round, I expect to see the median bonus at no more than $20,000 as this is the easiest round to draft college seniors and sock away some bonus money.

He was a college senior and had no leverage. When we look back at the bonuses in the 10th round, I expect to see the median bonus at no more than $20,000 as this is the easiest round to draft college seniors and sock away some bonus money.

He didn't sign last year when the O's drafted him right? I figured that a professional baseball career wasn't a life goal.

He didn't sign last year when the O's drafted him right? I figured that a professional baseball career wasn't a life goal.

The Orioles didn't draft Hutter last year.

Hutter was not drafted at all last year. He is probably grateful just for the opportunity to play professional baseball. As I stated earlier-he is lucky to have gotten $10k-in years past he probably would have gotten 1k. The Orioles probably just offered him the 10k so he would sign quickly so they could use the rest of his slot money on other players.

The Orioles didn't draft Hutter last year.
Hutter was not drafted at all last year. He is probably grateful just for the opportunity to play professional baseball. As I stated earlier-he is lucky to have gotten $10k-in years past he probably would have gotten 1k. The Orioles probably just offered him the 10k so he would sign quickly so they could use the rest of his slot money on other players.

OK then I confused him with someone else and I am now not surprised in the least that he signed for 10K. :D

MASN reports the following players have signed so far:

* Round 3 - High school SS Adrian Marin

* Round 6 - Samford LHP Lex Rutledge

* Round 8 - Michigan State OF Torsten Boss

* Round 9 - Grand Canyon University RHP Brady Wager

* Round 10 - Dallas Baptist SS Joel Hutter

* Round 19 - High school LHP Josh Hader

* Round 23 - Fresno State RHP Gene Escat

* Round 25 - Auburn IF Creede Simpson

I would think that college seniors could create some leverage against their teams. Under the use-it-or-lose-it system, the club should be just as desperate to sign that player to an underslot deal as the player is to play professional baseball. A senior player will never get the full allotment value, but I would think that they could ask for and receive more money. If Hutter held strong at 50K, the O's would probably still sign him because freeing up 75K is obviously better than losing the 125K allotment value.

Anyway, thanks for updating the chart Murph.

I would think that college seniors could create some leverage against their teams. Under the use-it-or-lose-it system, the club should be just as desperate to sign that player to an underslot deal as the player is to play professional baseball. A senior player will never get the full allotment value, but I would think that they could ask for and receive more money. If Hutter held strong at 50K, the O's would probably still sign him because freeing up 75K is obviously better than losing the 125K allotment value.

Anyway, thanks for updating the chart Murph.

That's true if you don't mind you're first impression being shot to hell, an then being burried in organizational oblivion for your soon-to-be long and miserable five years with the org.

MASN reports the following players have signed so far:

* Round 3 - High school SS Adrian Marin

* Round 6 - Samford LHP Lex Rutledge

* Round 8 - Michigan State OF Torsten Boss

* Round 9 - Grand Canyon University RHP Brady Wager

* Round 10 - Dallas Baptist SS Joel Hutter

* Round 19 - High school LHP Josh Hader

* Round 23 - Fresno State RHP Gene Escat

* Round 25 - Auburn IF Creede Simpson

Nice start. 8 of the top 25 already. Keep getting these kids signed.

That's true if you don't mind you're first impression being shot to hell, an then being burried in organizational oblivion for your soon-to-be long and miserable five years with the org.

Right, but chances are the organization doesn't think too highly of you to offer such a low dollar amount, and odds are you'll be buried as organizational filler from the moment you sign regardless of money.

Right, but chances are the organization doesn't think too highly of you to offer such a low dollar amount, and odds are you'll be buried as organizational filler from the moment you sign regardless of money.

Eh -- I don't think many would risk it. Though I do think the smart kids asked for enough to supplement MiL living.