Belkast

For what it's worth part 2....

The 3 way stuff is interesting.

If the Cubs want Figgins and BRob, the Orioles should be looking into it...Does this work?:

Cubs get:

BRob

Figgins

Angels get:

Miggy

Orioles get:

Pie

Veal

Gallagher

Santana or Saunders

Rivera

The Angels are getting fleeced IMO. I'd take Rivera out completely and substitute him with Murton. Dave, do you think the Cubs still do this deal if they have to add Murton to it?

The Angels are getting fleeced IMO. I'd take Rivera out completely and substitute him with Murton. Dave, do you think the Cubs still do this deal if they have to add Murton to it?

Yeah, take out Rivera, have the Cubs add Murton to our end, take out Santana/Saunders, and then maybe the Angels do it.

Their manager loves Figgins, and when the Cubs talked to them about Figgins, ARam was who the Angels apparently mentioned.

I think they might have some reservations about including both Veal and Gallagher, and would prefer to pull Gallagher back and put in a guy like Patterson instead.

Sean Marshall could fit in here somewhere too.

But 4 guys headed by Pie seems like something Hendry would do for both Roberts and Figgins.

What?

SG doesn't have Wood in his 3-team plan, and inface Wood wouldn't fit in at all.

It's a joke, and a rather good one at that.

It's a joke, and a rather good one at that.

Ugh, I can't keep up with all of these threads. (pun intended)

I feel like an old prude now :D

Nope, it happens all the time. Somebody dies, and within 6 months the surviving spouse dies too. Most often that's not a physical thing. It's a being-intertwined thing. Part of you dies, sometimes the other part dies too. Certainly not always. But it's not a rare thing by any means.

Giving up the will to live and dying of a broken heart are two different things in my book. Also...I know Cindy loves Roberts...but come on, it's a stretch here.

Elliot

I think they might have some reservations about including both Veal and Gallagher, and would prefer to pull Gallagher back and put in a guy like Patterson instead.

Sean Marshall could fit in here somewhere too.

But 4 guys headed by Pie seems like something Hendry would do for both Roberts and Figgins.

Then how about:

Cubs get: BRob, Figgins, Saunders

LAA get: Tejada, Olson

O's get: Pie, Patterson, Gallagher, Murton, Marshall

This way the Angels don't have to give up Rivera and, while they're still giving up Saunders, they get compensation for him. Also, the Cubs add Marshall, but get some compensation in the form of Saunders.

Nope, it happens all the time. Somebody dies, and within 6 months the surviving spouse dies too. Most often that's not a physical thing. It's a being-intertwined thing. Part of you dies, sometimes the other part dies too. Certainly not always. But it's not a rare thing by any means.

I always think it's kinda weird how some people pass on within a year of retiring. *shudder*

Then how about:

Cubs get: BRob, Figgins, Saunders

LAA get: Tejada, Olson

O's get: Pie, Patterson, Gallagher, Murton, Marshall

This way the Angels don't have to give up Rivera and, while they're still giving up Saunders, they get compensation for him. Also, the Cubs add Marshall, but get some compensation in the form of Saunders.

I like this because we don't have to take back Saunders, let the Cubs have him. But at the same time, it might be better to lets just keep Olson, and let the Angels leave Saunders out of the deal.

But you have to get Wood first!

Only if you want to take advantage of an unwilling partner----otherwise it could happen later.

I like this because we don't have to take back Saunders, let the Cubs have him. But at the same time, it might be better to lets just keep Olson, and let the Angels leave Saunders out of the deal.

Well the reason I was doing this is so that we could get Marshall. I don't know if the Cubs would give up all 5 of them for BRob and Figgins. If they do, then great and take Olson and Saunders out of the deal. But adding Saunders compensates a little for losing Marshall and Olson compensates some for losing Saunders.

What is up with this 3-way talk between the Cubs, Angels, and O's? Did an insider say something or something in the press?