Belkast

For what it's worth part 2....

Why? Broxton is a very good reliever but he is still just a reliever. For him to be be one of the main pieces sucks.

I like Hu and would love to have him but let's remember that this year was the first year he hit well and as good a prospect as Kershaw is, he is still only 19(this is good and bad..bad because of injury possibilities) and has control issues.

To me, Kemp and LaRoche are the 2 biggest sure things we could get back and I want them back in this deal.

Then, you go from there with the other players.

Broxton was a starter but had a Papelbon like conversion and dominated in similar fashion. He might be able to go back to the rotation after a year when Ray and Baez come back. Kershaw has a good head on his shoulders and wants to learn. I think Kranitz will be an excellent PC for him. Kemp is a must and we'll get him back IMO, but LaRoche still has those back issues that are somewhat troubling. A protruding disc can hamper him for the rest of his career. Even though it's gone now, it can always flare up again.

The key for me in this deal is a lack of a 2nd baseman. With three good prospects in Young, Abreu and DeWitt, we should be getting at least one of these guys back if we are truly going to be trading Roberts. Otherwise we are going to have a hole at 2nd...

so you're substituting LaRoche, Meloan, and McDonald for Broxton and Kershaw. I think the Dodgers would be thrilled to do that.

That's fine...I like Meloan as much or more than Broxton anyway.

LaRoche and McDonald > Kershaw IMO.

Both LaRoche and McDonald have great resumes.

BTW, one thing I didn't see anyone mention was that Sonny indicated that a third player would be going to LA as well...Who is that third player?

So, we are trading arguably the best pitcher on the market, the best SS/3rd left on the market and another player and only getting 4 players back?

No, I don't like it at all, even if we do get Kershaw AND Kemp.

Give me LaRoche, Kemp, Hu, Meloan and McDonald for Miggy and Bedard.

If that third player could be Mora or Gibbons I'd be happy

What if it was Miggy/Bedard/third bum for Kemp, Hu, Laroche, Kershaw, and one of the usual prospects?

Even better, maybe the "third bum" is Mora.

You don't know the third player is a bum...Maybe it is Liz.

Depending on the player we give up, that 4 player deal is crazy for us to pass up.

Kemp, Kershaw and Hu replace Tejada and Bedard easily.

Broxton for anyone in our MiL system that we are willing to trade is a no brainer as well.

Remember they would be taking on a lot of salary with this as well.

It might be worth it for that package though.

I don't want to trade Liz though, rather trade Penn than Liz.

Broxton was a starter but had a Papelbon like conversion and dominated in similar fashion. He might be able to go back to the rotation. Kershaw has a good head on his shoulders and wants to learn. I think Kranitz will be an excellent PC for him. Kemp is a must and we'll get him back IMO, but LaRoche still has those back issues that are somewhat troubling. A protruding disc can hamper him for the rest of his career. Even though it's gone now, it can always flare up again.

The key for me in this deal is a lack of a 2nd baseman. With three good prospects in Young, Abreu and DeWitt, we should be getting at least one of these guys back if we are truly going to be trading Roberts. Otherwise we are going to have a hole at 2nd...

The back issue is a bit of a concern but he still put up a 988 OPS this year.

Not worried about the second baseman yet...I am not taking a lesser player just because he plays second.

That is very true. But if the 3rd player is Huff, Mora, or Gibbons you have to think that it is a good deal, right?

That is very true. But if the 3rd player is Huff, Mora, or Gibbons you have to think that it is a good deal, right?

Its not a BAD deal now....Its just not enough for me.

As i said, LaRoche and Kemp need to be coming back if Miggy and Bedard go to them.

Best case scenario is Kemp, LaRoche, Kershaw and Hu.

Its not a BAD deal now....Its just not enough for me.

As i said, LaRoche and Kemp need to be coming back if Miggy and Bedard go to them.

Best case scenario is Kemp, LaRoche, Kershaw and Hu.

Would you prefer that package to Hamilton, Bailey, Votto, Encarnacion for just Bedard?

Give me LaRoche, Kemp, Hu, Meloan and McDonald for Miggy and Bedard.

The Dodgers won't give it to you.

However these trades shake out, I have to think we will wind up getting the maximum it is possible to get, all the potential partners and permutations considered.

Totally different deal..

You have to admit, though, with the deals we are speculating about we're getting back into the territory of that massive ~10 player deal.

Personally I don't think it will wind up being as big and complicated as we think.

The back issue is a bit of a concern but he still put up a 988 OPS this year.

Not worried about the second baseman yet...I am not taking a lesser player just because he plays second.

And led Team USA in just about all offensive areas just last month!