Frobby

Melky Cabrera? Really?

Really? My former urologist prescribed it for me a few years ago. According to the lab results, my T level was 30 percent low. The doc promised me that I'd "feel like a new man" after 30 days on the stuff.

After a couple months, I got tired of rubbing the 'clear" on my chest, got another urologist, and my regular doc said he didn't think I needed it. I took my remaining prescription to the pharmacist and asked him to dispose of it. I didn't want a trash hauler finding the tubes in my trash and selling it to a high school kid.

Now I'm seeing a lot of ads on TV claiming that testosterone levels decline dramatically in middle age (I'm 65) and touting supplements. Maybe I missed the boat?

However, the one thing of which I'm sure is that not everyone will have the same results from using PEDs. It didn't seem to do Ryan Franklin, Ross Grimsley, or Larry Bigbie much good. Maybe Melkie was an exception.

My enduring memory of Melkie was that great catch he made in the 2006 NLCS.

I think it's reasonable to assume PED's combined with a lot more intense workouts had some rather dramatic effects with Melky. But if it was that easy to turn a generic, below-average player into an MVP candidate why didn't, like, 50% of all generic players turn into MVP candidates 10 years ago?

Really? My former urologist prescribed it for me a few years ago. According to the lab results, my T level was 30 percent low. The doc promised me that I'd "feel like a new man" after 30 days on the stuff.

After a couple months, I got tired of rubbing the 'clear" on my chest, got another urologist, and my regular doc said he didn't think I needed it. I took my remaining prescription to the pharmacist and asked him to dispose of it. I didn't want a trash hauler finding the tubes in my trash and selling it to a high school kid.

Now I'm seeing a lot of ads on TV claiming that testosterone levels decline dramatically in middle age (I'm 65) and touting supplements. Maybe I missed the boat?

However, the one thing of which I'm sure is that not everyone will have the same results from using PEDs. It didn't seem to do Ryan Franklin, Ross Grimsley, or Larry Bigbie much good. Maybe Melkie was an exception.

My enduring memory of Melkie was that great catch he made in the 2006 NLCS.

Oh absolutely if you have a low T level then it's a wonderful thing to have available. It's one of those things that needs to be in the right levels in your body or else bad things will happen. Maybe Melky has a low T level and needed to be taking it. If not then his body will have too much and start to produce too much estrogen. Then he can look forward to the shrinking testicles, growing a nice pair of boobs and all kinds of other possible side effects.

The Yankees were in the NLCS ?

Yes. After they were knocked out in the first round of the 2006 playoffs by the Tigers, Bud Selig and company wanted the Yankees to be in the World Series so badly that they gave them an automatic bye into the N.L.C.S.

They lost that series, too.

Melky's bizarre plot to avoid suspension

In a bizarre attempt to avoid a 50-game drug suspension, San Francisco Giants star Melky Cabrera created a fictitious website and a nonexistent product designed to prove he inadvertently took the banned substance that caused a positive test under Major League Baseball?s drug program.

But instead of exonerating Cabrera of steroid use, the Internet stunt trapped him in a web of lies. Amid the information-gathering phase of his doping case last month, his cover story unraveled quickly, and what might have been a simple suspension has attracted further attention from federal investigators and MLB, the Daily News has learned.

Famed steroid cop Jeff Novitzky, a criminal investigative agent for the Food & Drug Administration, and agents from MLB?s Department of Investigation have begun looking into Cabrera?s associates and his entourage, including trainers, handlers and agents, as they search for the source of the synthetic testosterone that appeared in a sample of the All-Star Game MVP?s urine.

.... Major League Baseball declined to comment on the Cabrera case but at the owners? meetings in Denver last week, commissioner Bud Selig touched on the issue of those who facilitate drug use by players, telling owners they would be ?shocked? when they hear what?s been going on ?when this all comes out.?

Melky's bizarre plot to avoid suspension

In a bizarre attempt to avoid a 50-game drug suspension, San Francisco Giants star Melky Cabrera created a fictitious website and a nonexistent product designed to prove he inadvertently took the banned substance that caused a positive test under Major League Baseball?s drug program.

But instead of exonerating Cabrera of steroid use, the Internet stunt trapped him in a web of lies. Amid the information-gathering phase of his doping case last month, his cover story unraveled quickly, and what might have been a simple suspension has attracted further attention from federal investigators and MLB, the Daily News has learned.

Famed steroid cop Jeff Novitzky, a criminal investigative agent for the Food & Drug Administration, and agents from MLB?s Department of Investigation have begun looking into Cabrera?s associates and his entourage, including trainers, handlers and agents, as they search for the source of the synthetic testosterone that appeared in a sample of the All-Star Game MVP?s urine.

.... Major League Baseball declined to comment on the Cabrera case but at the owners? meetings in Denver last week, commissioner Bud Selig touched on the issue of those who facilitate drug use by players, telling owners they would be ?shocked? when they hear what?s been going on ?when this all comes out.?

A+ for effort. F for stupidity and actually thinking it might work.