Game 8, April 10
- Didn’t see it, but the O’s botched a rundown play that led to a run in the first inning.
- In the 10th, the go-ahead run scored when Severino couldn’t hold onto a pitch that tailed high and wide of the strike zone. It was rightfully scored a wild pitch but it’s a ball he really needed to keep from getting past him.
- Sisco picked off a runner to end the first inning.
- The fourth inning ended on a nice relay play, Stewart to Ruiz to Sisco.
- Ruiz made a nice play on a ball that Galvis knocked down and threw out the batter at 1B.
- Mullins made a solid catch at the fence. Nothing spectacular but he got back and into position quickly.
Right now I would make Tanner Scott the closer to see how he reacts in the role. By far without Hunter Harvey healthy he has the best stuff in this bullpen by far. Valdez may get away with getting some saves but he is not at 36 going to get you anything of great value in a mid-season trade. If Scott can show he can throw strikes in closing situations he they could get a major haul in a trade.