Sign in to follow this  
Baldimore, hon

Kevin Youkilis traded soon! (traded to White Sox)

Would that be like us trading Matusz and Avery? Was Stewart a top prospect? And Lillibridge was a fringe top prospect.

No, that would be like sending Berken and Flaherty.

Lillibridge WAS a fringe prospect at one time, but only because scouts thought he might could play SS..........he couldn't.

More like Tillman and Andino.

Meh, I wouldn't put him as high as Tillman, but he is better than Berken.

I don't see much difference in the value between Andino and Flaherty.

Ok, I'll meet you in the middle somewhere. Lillibridge can't really play middle INF like Andino or even Flaherty for that matter but he did have quite a bit of success last year and has played 3B/2B/OF. They didn't give up much. Be interesting to see how much cash is coming back also. Looks like a good deal for the White Sox.

Yeah, looks like a very good deal for CHI....if Youkilis can play 3B decently.

I doubt it.

"Very simply, I must commend the spirit and the job Orlando Hudson has done up to this point for us," White Sox GM Kenny Williams said. "We needed to fill the position. He came in admirably and really went after it. He's made some great plays over there.

"In terms of wanting and needing a little bit more stability at the position, as well as providing a little bit of offense in the form that Kevin can provide it -- another on-base percentage guy, another guy that is not afraid to get a big hit -- we just thought at this time it was necessary, and necessary to do it sooner rather than later."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120624&content_id=33859202&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

I could see DD trying to get him and really stick it to the Red Sox. The Red Sox really wanted to dump him. Stewart has a 6.00 ERA and is 1-2 and Lillibridge is hitting .175. Youkilis can play 1B, 3B or DH if needed. After the early season argument with BV things were never the same. I think he will play a lot better in another teams dugout.

Edited by section18

What is the infatuation with Youk among some on here? I know over the years he's made life hell for us at times, a lot of times. But he's rarely been healthy over the past year and a half with back and hip issues. That's not like a sprained ankle where it gets better. That stuff will keep coming back.

I also don't think he'd fit well in the O's clubhouse.