Majin Buu

Jerry Sandusky Busted/Paterno did NOTHING to prevent him from continuing his assault on children.

Bump. Jury selected. Trial starts Monday.

I found this interesting "Sandusky's lawyer won the right to have jurors chosen from the local community, and prosecutors had concerns that Centre County might prove to be nearly synonymous with Penn State."

Did Sandusky request a change of venue? I can't find anything. It would seem to me that his strategy is to stay local and have local jurors, but I'd imagine they'd have more of an axe to grind than anywhere else in the state. This guy basically killed Joe Paterno and ruined his legacy.

I found this interesting "Sandusky's lawyer won the right to have jurors chosen from the local community, and prosecutors had concerns that Centre County might prove to be nearly synonymous with Penn State."

Did Sandusky request a change of venue? I can't find anything. It would seem to me that his strategy is to stay local and have local jurors, but I'd imagine they'd have more of an axe to grind than anywhere else in the state. This guy basically killed Joe Paterno and ruined his legacy.

I agree. I would think Penn State fans want to move on and get their town and college back, and the quickest way to do that is to convict Sandusky and make damn sure he never steps foot on the Penn State campus again!

Maybe part of some weird strategy? I really don't know anything about lawyering, maybe one of the residents here would know.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8066976/penn-state-nittany-lions-jerry-sandusky-judge-says-jury-get-case-thursday

Jerry Sandusky opened his defense in his molestation trial Monday with character witnesses who defended his reputation, including a former Penn State coach who said he knew Sandusky brought boys into showers but never saw him do anything wrong.

I'm no lawyer, but that doesn't seem like a good way of defending someones reputation by admitting that they brought boys into the showers.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8066976/penn-state-nittany-lions-jerry-sandusky-judge-says-jury-get-case-thursday

I'm no lawyer, but that doesn't seem like a good way of defending someones reputation by admitting that they brought boys into the showers.

This is such a hard defense to present. To be perfectly honest, there is no way Sandusky can simply deny the shower thing. No jury in the world would believe him at this point. The only thing he can do is try to paint this as one huge misunderstanding.

Man, the articles about the testimony going on during this trial are very difficult to read.

I agree. So f'ing evil it's not even funny.

This is such a hard defense to present. To be perfectly honest, there is no way Sandusky can simply deny the shower thing. No jury in the world would believe him at this point. The only thing he can do is try to paint this as one huge misunderstanding.

Are you surprised with how quick this trial has been moving? For some reason I thought this would drag on much longer than it is.

Are you surprised with how quick this trial has been moving? For some reason I thought this would drag on much longer than it is.

Not really. This isn't a real factually rich trial, which means it shouldn't take quite as long. I am NOT making light of this but it's basically he found kids he could take advantage of and did just that. It's not like the OJ case with a bunch of different witnesses with different versions of the story, with (at the time) seemingly unreliable DNA, a crooked cop, etc etc.

• Upvote 1

So not only was Sandusky's adopted son prepared to testify, but there is a second group of victims who are prepared to testify if the current trial doesn't put Sandusky away.

"He is now part of a second group of guys who came forward later, who did testify—he testified before a grand jury, prosecutors have his testimony, he's willing to testify in court. They're holding that group in case they need them, in case they get a not guilty verdict out of this current jury. They could potentially go after federal charges against Jerry Sandusky."

http://deadspin.com/5920518/report-prosecutors-have-more-victims-ready-to-come-forward-if-jerry-sandusky-is-acquitted

Prosecution gets 45 of 48, for a .938 batting average. Not too shabby.

Sigh, I'm all for forgiveness of sins, but I sure hope his forgiveness happens *after* he spends the rest of his life in prison.

He better hope to be put in solitary confinement or the "rest of his life" might be 3 weeks. Prison does not go well for guys like him.

Ledzepp8 I agree with you all the way buddy, hopefully this sick dude spends the rest of his life in jail and internity in H###. I haven't commented on this subject untill now because I know I probly would say something stupid, but this guy gets the award for being the sickest S.O.# in history