scOtt

Old products you remember...

In 1979, this liquid was the ultimate balcony beverage. The vanilla was so sweet and synthetic that you just wanted to swim in it and drink it at the same time! It was $.75 for tiny little can as I recall. For $.75, you could get 3 cans of Coke out of a machine at that time, but the FROSTED wasn't just another drink, it was an experience...best enjoyed on the balcony! :cool:

Darn picture won't post for some reason...smh

Edited by slakattack
  • Upvote 1

In 1979, this liquid was the ultimate balcony beverage. The vanilla was so sweet and synthetic that you just wanted to swim in it and drink it at the same time! It was $.75 for tiny little can as I recall. For $.75, you could get 3 cans of Coke out of a machine at that time, but the FROSTED wasn't just another drink, it was an experience...best enjoyed on the balcony! :cool:

293320618ccf38e20ba560d455d60c3d.jpg

Darn picture won't post for some reason...smh

ftfy...

They are still around but hard to find... those "root beer barrel" hard candies. Loved those things.

Anyone ever collect "S&H Green Stamps" to get free stuff? There was a place over on Route 40 in Catonsville (I think it's a furniture store now) that you could take these booklets you filled with the stamps to, and redeem them for stuff.

They are still around but hard to find... those "root beer barrel" hard candies. Loved those things.

Anyone ever collect "S&H Green Stamps" to get free stuff? There was a place over on Route 40 in Catonsville (I think it's a furniture store now) that you could take these booklets you filled with the stamps to, and redeem them for stuff.

That's funny. I was just thinking of root beer barrels the others day. Loved those too.

I was a little young for S&H but def remember mom and dad collecting. Especially buying gas.

That's funny. I was just thinking of root beer barrels the others day. Loved those too.

I was a little young for S&H but def remember mom and dad collecting. Especially buying gas.

Root Beer Barrels are good. One of the Dollar Store chains in our area carries the old time candies that the old stores don't anymore. Every time I go i get some horehounds. Love those things.

Root Beer Barrels are good. One of the Dollar Store chains in our area carries the old time candies that the old stores don't anymore. Every time I go i get some horehounds. Love those things.

Cracker Barrel is great for old fashion candies that you can't get in the stores anymore, even going back to the 40's sometimes, they have single item sales, and boxes by the decades, they also have things like "moon" pies. :)

In Mount Airy, North Carolina, we stumbled on this place one summer, and they have old fashion candy in the barrel, you scoop into bags and pay by the pound.

[h=1]Mill Creek General Store[/h]541 West Pine Street

Suite 200

Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030

In Mount Airy, North Carolina, we stumbled on this place one summer, and they have old fashion candy in the barrel, you scoop into bags and pay by the pound.

[h=1]Mill Creek General Store[/h]541 West Pine Street

Suite 200

Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030

There's a general store in downtown Greenville, SC that has that as well.

I don't CARE if I can make them at home. It's just not the same.

C06904A3-065B-437E-BAB99491CA19FA25.jpg

Funny story. I'm at Food Lion today and I stumble upon an actual Jello Pudding Pops kit, and it was only $5. I caved and bought it. I'm enjoying them thoroughly.

There's a general store in downtown Greenville, SC that has that as well.

Yeah, been there too, pretty cool place, too. I love the old downtown Greenville, wouldnt mind relocating there, when I retire soon.

Yeah, been there too, pretty cool place, too. I love the old downtown Greenville, wouldnt mind relocating there, when I retire soon.

My sister moved to the suburbs there about 2 years ago, and I plan to move to that area when my kids are older as well.

I remember when Cracker Jack had really cool prizes, not the little crappy paper things they foist off on us now.

th?id=HN.608029655374299415&pid=15.1

Guaranteed to cause death by choking in the unwary or stupid or death by deep hemmorhagic infarcts in the politically correct.

Does anyone remember Flav-R Straws, which came in "vanilla" and "chocolate" "flavors"? They were paper drinking straws with a flavor-impregnated piece of felt in the top of the straw. You suck up plain old milk and get a blast of some flavor not found in nature and with a lingering aftertaste. They were ghastly. And chewing the little pad of felt created an out-of-body experience.

flavor-straws_thumb1.jpg

Oh, wow, man. Have you ever, like, looked at your milk? I mean, like, really looked at your milk?

I remember getting a little spring-loaded yellow Nike missile as a cereal prize when I was a kid.

box540.jpg

Return with us now to the 1950s, those days of slightly warmed pancake batter.

• Upvote 1