Jump to content
Frobby

Nice to have a laugher for once

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l14

 

KANSAS CITY R OYALS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - lll2

 

o

It was a real joy to watch last night's game.  Means' starts are becoming must-see TV for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

After suffering a 4-game sweep at the hands of the lowly-regarded Florida Marlins, the Orioles picked themselves up off of the deck and clobbered the defending world champion Washington Nationals.

 

 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l11

 

WASHINGTON NATIONALS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll0

 

o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

After suffering a 4-game sweep at the hands of the lowly-regarded Florida Marlins, the Orioles picked themselves up off of the deck and clobbered the defending world champion Washington Nationals.

 

 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l11

 

WASHINGTON NATIONALS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll0

 

o

The local bragging rights are nice.  Fun to be able to talk down to my Nats buddies for a change. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time we had a great Friday night shutout win like this was against Cleveland in June of last year.  We won 13-0.

The next night we won 13-0 against the Indians AGAIN, I believe it was the highest scoring pair of back to back shutout wins in major league history.

I went to about 8 or 9 Orioles games last year, but somehow I was at those back to back games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The local bragging rights are nice.  Fun to be able to talk down to my Nats buddies for a change. 

I was texting back and forth with a couple Nats friends during the game, I guess that's what passes for a Friday night social life in the year of Covid-19.

They lost interest around the 4th or 5th inning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SteveA said:

Last time we had a great Friday night shutout win like this was against Cleveland in June of last year.  We won 13-0.

The next night we won 13-0 against the Indians AGAIN, I believe it was the highest scoring pair of back to back shutout wins in major league history.

I went to about 8 or 9 Orioles games last year, but somehow I was at those back to back games.

Hey, I was at one of those games, too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SteveA said:

I was texting back and forth with a couple Nats friends during the game, I guess that's what passes for a Friday night social life in the year of Covid-19.

They lost interest around the 4th or 5th inning.

I found it most enjoyable about then 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - ll11

 

NEW YORK METS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llll2

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Means right the ship a bit. His ERA is still not good at 6.58, but his WHIP is a very respectable 1.23 (finished 2019 at 1.14). If he can get his ERA in the high 4s by year end, that would be amazing, considering how much of an impact that first game against the Yanks undoubtedly has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Nice to see Means right the ship a bit. His ERA is still not good at 6.58, but his WHIP is a very respectable 1.23 (finished 2019 at 1.14). If he can get his ERA in the high 4s by year end, that would be amazing, considering how much of an impact that first game against the Yanks undoubtedly has.

It would not be that hard to do, considering how few innings he’s thrown (26).    Assume he gets four more starts and throws 22 IP (5.5/game).    If he allowed 7 ER in that span (2.86 ERA for those four games), that would take his ERA to  4.88.    Difficult, but not impossible.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It would not be that hard to do, considering how few innings he’s thrown (26).    Assume he gets four more starts and throws 22 IP (5.5/game).    If he allowed 7 ER in that span (2.86 ERA for those four games), that would take his ERA to  4.88.    Difficult, but not impossible.  

There are 19 days left in the season including today.  To get 4 more starts he's have to go on 3 days rest once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SteveA said:

There are 19 days left in the season including today.  To get 4 more starts he's have to go on 3 days rest once.

Oops, you’re right.   It would be very tough to get his ERA under 5 in 3 starts.    He’d have to allow a total of 4 ER or less over the three starts to have a shot.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Oops, you’re right.   It would be very tough to get his ERA under 5 in 3 starts.    He’d have to allow a total of 4 ER or less over the three starts to have a shot.   

But he's lined up for our first playoff game in Oakland!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 4:58 AM, Frobby said:

It would not be that hard to do, considering how few innings he’s thrown (26).    Assume he gets four more starts and throws 22 IP (5.5/game).    If he allowed 7 ER in that span (2.86 ERA for those four games), that would take his ERA to  4.88.    Difficult, but not impossible.  

Welp, with yesterday's performance (6 IP; 1 ER), he's cut his ERA down to 5.63 with a 1.19 WHIP. 

If he were to have the same outing next turn through the order, he would cut into the high 4's (4.97 ERA), assuming I didn't botch the math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Wieters was fine.  I was hard on him at times but from a defensive perspective he was great.  It would seem like he'd have to have a hot September to reach the stats that he would each year, but whatever.  His cold spells were abysmal but when he was hot he was a joy to watch. 
    • Something in the analytics must show for Puig that Elias and company see.   You can get him enough at bats as most players don’t play 162 games.  The question is more how long will they keep Diaz down.  If they want him playing full time half the season then Puig makes some sense. I think Mancini will be like a 5 day a week player if you give Stewart a day off a week and Santander a day off every two week and same with Mountcastle you can get Puig 4 days a week and still giving most the at bats to those 4.
    • At the end of the day, you guys are right. The market dictates the value and the market decided he was not worth what he was going to get in arbitration. Whether his previous production and age suggests he SHOULD be worth that, the market decided it was not. 
    • I'm not going to lie, but that is up there for one of the greatest lines in Hangout history.
    • I agree.    If you let Nunez go, it shouldn’t be primarily because of cost.    Now, if you think you can get equivalent or better production for your roster cheaper, that is okay.  But you don’t make your team worse over $2 mm or less.     It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Nunez.    There’s going to be a lot of players on the market after the non-tender deadline I suspect.    I do think he’ll get a major league contract somewhere and will get above the minimum, but it might be less than he was projected to get in arbitration.     
    • Shaw would not crack our top 30.
    • With the injury histories of Hays, Santander and relative inexperience with mixed results of Mullins and Stewart, I'm not sure we can say that. No Nunez did clear waivers and no one traded for him so perhaps there is something else going on here with him, but the guy has been a pretty productive bat and is just going to be 27 years old next year. Either way, I get what you are saying about Shaw and I agree, I think Elias will end up DFAing him and trying to keep him in the system.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...