Frobby

Nice to have a laugher for once

12 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l14

KANSAS CITY R OYALS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - lll2

o

It was a real joy to watch last night's game.  Means' starts are becoming must-see TV for me.

o

After suffering a 4-game sweep at the hands of the lowly-regarded Florida Marlins, the Orioles picked themselves up off of the deck and clobbered the defending world champion Washington Nationals.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l11

WASHINGTON NATIONALS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll0

o

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

After suffering a 4-game sweep at the hands of the lowly-regarded Florida Marlins, the Orioles picked themselves up off of the deck and clobbered the defending world champion Washington Nationals.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l11

WASHINGTON NATIONALS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll0

o

The local bragging rights are nice.  Fun to be able to talk down to my Nats buddies for a change. 

• Upvote 1

Last time we had a great Friday night shutout win like this was against Cleveland in June of last year.  We won 13-0.

The next night we won 13-0 against the Indians AGAIN, I believe it was the highest scoring pair of back to back shutout wins in major league history.

I went to about 8 or 9 Orioles games last year, but somehow I was at those back to back games.

24 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The local bragging rights are nice.  Fun to be able to talk down to my Nats buddies for a change. 

I was texting back and forth with a couple Nats friends during the game, I guess that's what passes for a Friday night social life in the year of Covid-19.

They lost interest around the 4th or 5th inning.

9 hours ago, SteveA said:

Last time we had a great Friday night shutout win like this was against Cleveland in June of last year.  We won 13-0.

The next night we won 13-0 against the Indians AGAIN, I believe it was the highest scoring pair of back to back shutout wins in major league history.

I went to about 8 or 9 Orioles games last year, but somehow I was at those back to back games.

Hey, I was at one of those games, too.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SteveA said:

I was texting back and forth with a couple Nats friends during the game, I guess that's what passes for a Friday night social life in the year of Covid-19.

They lost interest around the 4th or 5th inning.

I found it most enjoyable about then 😂

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - ll11

NEW YORK METS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llll2

o

Nice to see Means right the ship a bit. His ERA is still not good at 6.58, but his WHIP is a very respectable 1.23 (finished 2019 at 1.14). If he can get his ERA in the high 4s by year end, that would be amazing, considering how much of an impact that first game against the Yanks undoubtedly has.

4 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Nice to see Means right the ship a bit. His ERA is still not good at 6.58, but his WHIP is a very respectable 1.23 (finished 2019 at 1.14). If he can get his ERA in the high 4s by year end, that would be amazing, considering how much of an impact that first game against the Yanks undoubtedly has.

It would not be that hard to do, considering how few innings he’s thrown (26).    Assume he gets four more starts and throws 22 IP (5.5/game).    If he allowed 7 ER in that span (2.86 ERA for those four games), that would take his ERA to  4.88.    Difficult, but not impossible.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It would not be that hard to do, considering how few innings he’s thrown (26).    Assume he gets four more starts and throws 22 IP (5.5/game).    If he allowed 7 ER in that span (2.86 ERA for those four games), that would take his ERA to  4.88.    Difficult, but not impossible.  

There are 19 days left in the season including today.  To get 4 more starts he's have to go on 3 days rest once.

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

There are 19 days left in the season including today.  To get 4 more starts he's have to go on 3 days rest once.

Oops, you’re right.   It would be very tough to get his ERA under 5 in 3 starts.    He’d have to allow a total of 4 ER or less over the three starts to have a shot.   

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Oops, you’re right.   It would be very tough to get his ERA under 5 in 3 starts.    He’d have to allow a total of 4 ER or less over the three starts to have a shot.   

But he's lined up for our first playoff game in Oakland!

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2020 at 4:58 AM, Frobby said:

Welp, with yesterday's performance (6 IP; 1 ER), he's cut his ERA down to 5.63 with a 1.19 WHIP. 

If he were to have the same outing next turn through the order, he would cut into the high 4's (4.97 ERA), assuming I didn't botch the math.