Paul Konerko ® DH

Alex Rios ® RF

A.J. Pierzynski (L) C

Dayan Viciedo ® LF

Alexei Ramirez ® SS

Gordon Beckham ® 2B

Liriano (LHP)

Edited by RavNMadMan

Mods please delete my thread in favor of this one.. thanks!

Here's hoping the O's jump all over Liriano.

Sorry Dan, I didn't mean to step on you. I didn't see a thread so I started one.

Okay Wei Yin, keep 'em in the Yard and throw strikes, keep us in it. Let's have a great all around game. The first game in the 4 game series set the tone. Go Orioles.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• https://www.mlb.com/video/hays-great-dive-in-9th
    • Lets look at both Santander and Nunez offensively at 26 years old Season WOBA WOBACON Barrel % Hard Hit % Exit Velo XBA XSLG XWOBA XWOBACON Renato Nunez .341 .453 12.1 36.4 86.3 .228 .433 .301 .388 Anthony Santander .358 .404 10.2 36.7 88.6 .286 .510 .338 .378 MLB AVG .317 .370 6.4 34.9 88.3 .250 .414 .321 .376 They are not significantly different though Santander is ahead in the most important OBA and especially XWOBA categories.  The key here is defensively value and cost. Santander is a switch hitting plus defensive RFer while Nunez is a DH. If Nunez played any position effectively, he'd be offered arbitration. Santander's issues have been staying healthy and he doesn't walk much, but then again, he doesn't strike out all that much either. Overall, Santander is a more valuable player than Nunez and this is coming from a guy who think Nunez is worth more than obviously the rest of baseball does.
    • Late to this thread but here's mine. Santander I don't expect any more than he gave us this year before he got hurt. But that's ok. A whole healthy year, that's a solid MLer. Hays... health is the biggest question. Total wrench in the gears. In a full year I would expect BIG things from him. He's not going to hit 30 HRs, but he might hit 30+ doubles and steal 30 bases. Play a stellar CF. I like Austin a lot! For a CFer he's what you want, a take charge guy. If there's a Bermuda Triangle pop up, and he can get to it, he will scream out and call everyone off. I noticed that from his first few games up. Not intimidated when he hit the bigs.
    • The original recording has a girl speaking Spanish in the background in a sexy voice. Like 40% the volume of Burdon. At one point she says in English "Are you listening to this?" Right after 3 minutes in. This 45... on the MGM label!  
    • YouTube came up with another of my favorites. That I have history with. 40 years ago my sisters and my cousins would listen to this 45 record endlessly! I was blown away by this song at 11 or 12 years old. Then 20ish years ago I found this live video online and was blown away a second time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0DMbCKnAg click it
    • I don't know how other folks classify this... avant garde? To me this is Punk. Like Devo. An influence on Devo!  
    • Then what makes you think another team would give us value for him?
  • Popular Contributors