Tony-OH

OH Orange Out 2012 Hangout Night stories, pics and comments thread!

We need BobMc to make the trek up from Florida!

C'mon Man!

Isn't he in Ohio until Thanksgiving? On the Lake. Being fanned by Concubines?

I'd love to take in some pennant chase with you fine OHers, but I'm already in for tomorrow night, the Ravens opener on Monday and the Thursday game vs. TB. Only so much a guy can do with a 1 year old at home. Speaking of Cal's game tomorrow, can anyone tell me when the on-field ceremony will begin?

Regardless, I appreciate the offer from Tony and the O's brass. Cool stuff like this goes a long way.

Edited by Don_Aase_Fan

I'd love to take in some pennant chase with you fine OHers, but I'm already in for tomorrow night, the Ravens opener on Monday and the Thursday game vs. TB. Only so much a guy can do with a 1 year old at home. Speaking of Cal's game tomorrow, can anyone tell me when the on-field ceremony will begin?

The gates open at 5, the ceremony is over near the other statues at 5:15 prompt.

• Upvote 1

I have been with Weamsie on many occasions, but I'd imagine sitting with Frobby would go something along these lines...

Dip: "Coooooooooome oooooooooooooon, Reynolds. I love this guy!"

Frob: "Mark Reynolds is currently OPSing at .798 after his home run earlier in the game, which pushed his slugging percentage up to .600 and his OPS over the past month over 1.400. His fielding is also much improved, with a Fielding percentage of .998 since moving to first base. Did you know in 1971 Boog Powell had a fielding percentage of xyz while slugging .650?" :D

While I probably could spout out those kinds of facts,* I'm more like a 10-year old kid when I'm at a baseball game. I'm really looking forward to this one. For those looking for me, I'll be breaking out my orange Orioles' "Frobby" jersey and my 1966-model Orioles cap.

I'm very happy that the Orioles are taking steps to pack the Yard for the Tampa series. The fans benefit from the reduced prices, but the team benefits by having a large group of fans rooting them on. And we will make sure that Section 8 is the loudest in the entire ballpark!

* Just to humor you: If Reynolds has a slugging percentage of .600 but an OPS of .798, that means his OBP is .198. I would not be happy with that.

While I probably could spout out those kinds of facts,* I'm more like a 10-year old kid when I'm at a baseball game. I'm really looking forward to this one. For those looking for me, I'll be breaking out my orange Orioles' "Frobby" jersey and my 1966-model Orioles cap.

I'm very happy that the Orioles are taking steps to pack the Yard for the Tampa series. The fans benefit from the reduced prices, but the team benefits by having a large group of fans rooting them on. And we will make sure that Section 8 is the loudest in the entire ballpark!

* Just to humor you: If Reynolds has a slugging percentage of .600 but an OPS of .798, that means his OBP is .198. I would not be happy with that.

Mark Reynolds has an OPS of .791. And Climbing. And he has a .351 OBP.

Mark Reynolds has an OPS of .791. And Climbing. And he has a .351 OBP.

Much better. He might end up having a more valuable offensive season than last year despite hitting 15 or so fewer homers. That .351 OBP is worth a lot.