Art Wing

The Seattle Series and Lack of Sleep

I feel slightly guilty for bringing this up but it's two hours before our first 10:15 start time of three and I'm already at odds with how delirious I'm going to be much of this week at work.

If I go to bed at midnight I'll only be partially sleep deprived but we all know it would be humanly impossible to just turn the game off considering the gravity of it all. In bed at 115ish and I'll be completely incoherent.

Any other folks at odds with the three consecutive 1015 start times? Any brave souls want to admit they plan on turning off the game at a reasonable hour so I may reconsider my foolishness?

:002_ssleepy:

I'm in Denver and capable of following the whole thing, which I will do, albeit online because I don't get much out this way in terms of telecast.

• Upvote 1

Yup, I'm getting antsy for it to start. Definitely not going to be productive at work this week. I'm passing the time by watching the Rays-Sox on MLB Network. There are about 12 people at the game in Tampa.

I don't know how I will get through this. Usually I give up on the weeknight West Coast games at 11:30 or midnight. And I'm tired now, and the game hasn't even begun. But these games are too important to go to sleep not knowing the outcome.

I feel slightly guilty for bringing this up but it's two hours before our first 10:15 start time of three and I'm already at odds with how delirious I'm going to be much of this week at work.

If I go to bed at midnight I'll only be partially sleep deprived but we all know it would be humanly impossible to just turn the game off considering the gravity of it all. In bed at 115ish and I'll be completely incoherent.

Any other folks at odds with the three consecutive 1015 start times? Any brave souls want to admit they plan on turning off the game at a reasonable hour so I may reconsider my foolishness?

:002_ssleepy:

It's ok to sleep. it's not like it will be another 14 years before you follow a competitive team in September.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how I will get through this. Usually I give up on the weeknight West Coast games at 11:30 or midnight. And I'm tired now, and the game hasn't even begun. But these games are too important to go to sleep not knowing the outcome.

And we are of the vintage that this might be our last grande stand.

Hopefully the O's score 10 ere the clock strikes 12. Fortunately for myself, I don't begin my next gig until Oct. so I can stay up late and sleep in. :D

What I hate about west coast trips is waiting all freaking day long for the game. An extra three hours wait is killer. I'm trying to pass time by watching Orioles Classics on MASN. Hopefully Tillman can pitch as well as Rick Sutcliffe did on opening day 1992.

What I hate about west coast trips is waiting all freaking day long for the game. An extra three hours wait is killer. I'm trying to pass time by watching Orioles Classics on MASN. Hopefully Tillman can pitch as well as Rick Sutcliffe did on opening day 1992.

Boston just went ahead of the Rays. It won't matter if anyone wants to sleep instead of rooting for Chris Tillman coming off his injury. We will probably still win even without the will of a region hanging on his every pitch.

I hate to do it but I am going to go to sleep before the games start. If we fall behind I don't want to go to bed in a bad mood. I just hope when I wake up I'll get good news.

No way I'm turning it off. #TeamNoSleep

Can't fault anyone that does though.

Long time lurker, but here in Lexington #TeamNoSleep just won NCAA tourney! Go O's and go Cats!

Hope I can stay up for the whole game.

Edited by dbmillertime

Long time lurker, but here in Lexington #TeamNoSleep just won NCAA tourney! Go O's and go Cats!

Hope I can stay up for the whole game.

Eww I can't stand couch Cal and the Wildcat$. The $tole Nerlen$ Noel from my Hoyas...1 hour till game time people!