flashjordnk

Seriously, Fire CAM CAMERON

Honestly guys ...This thread is a pipe dream. Cam just signed a three year deal that they have to pay him. Barring a major collapse in record this season Cam is going now where.

A new deal didnt stop Billick from being fired.

The biggest problem is that Harbs refuses to hold any coaches accountable and Bisciotti just lets it fly.....

A new deal didnt stop Billick from being fired.

The biggest problem is that Harbs refuses to hold any coaches accountable and Bisciotti just lets it fly.....

I would assume that 4 straight playoff appearances, including 2 trips to the AFC Championship, one of which we should have won and gone to the SuperBowl if not for a dropped TD and missed kick, both by players who were cut by the Ravens, has gained Harbaugh some slack!

That said, I dream about where this team would be if we have a good OC.

I would assume that 4 straight playoff appearances, including 2 trips to the AFC Championship, one of which we should have won and gone to the SuperBowl if not for a dropped TD and missed kick, both by players who were cut by the Ravens, has gained Harbaugh some slack!

This is why we've become the Baltimore Eagles. The mentality of this organization has become, "Just be thankful and happy to be in the playoffs."

The goal is to win it all!!!

I really don't know why they brought him back this year. His contract was up last year, they could have just let him walk and given the job to Caldwell. No hard feelings Cam, we should have gotten to the SB with you, but we're making a change.

To bring him back after 4 years of vanilla playcalling is a head scratcher.

That said, our offense didn't lose the game yesterday. Sure it didn't help, but it doesn't get the full share of blame.

That said, our offense didn't lose the game yesterday. Sure it didn't help, but it doesn't get the full share of blame.

We wasted momentum, and 2 straight three and outs and a punt on 5 snaps. That should have gotten our defense through the 1st quarter. In Baltimore's first TEN POSSESSIONS they had 1 drive that lasted longer than 2 minutes. The other 9 drives combined for 9 minutes and 9 seconds. That was essentially the same amount of TOP that Houston had through their first 4 possessions. Note, of those first 4 possessions the Ravens yielded a total of 7 points.

I'd be willing to put the loss pretty hard on Baltimore's offense in this one. I get the defense let us down too...but you're asking a lot of a team that in the first 3 quarters of the game the offense holds the ball for 20% of the time.

We wasted momentum, and 2 straight three and outs and a punt on 5 snaps. That should have gotten our defense through the 1st quarter. In Baltimore's first TEN POSSESSIONS they had 1 drive that lasted longer than 2 minutes. The other 9 drives combined for 9 minutes and 9 seconds. That was essentially the same amount of TOP that Houston had through their first 4 possessions. Note, of those first 4 possessions the Ravens yielded a total of 7 points.

I'd be willing to put the loss pretty hard on Baltimore's offense in this one. I get the defense let us down too...but you're asking a lot of a team that in the first 3 quarters of the game the offense holds the ball for 20% of the time.

And that is why I have been advocating a return to the run-first offense. It sounds like that is what Harbaugh is going to do too and it makes sense to return to this over the bye.

And it seems like we do this every year -- try to throw more than we should, lose a game or two -- and then recommit to Ray Rice and the running game.

When are people (Cameron, Flacco) going to realize this is not a high-powered passing offense?

Our defense sucks. We need to keep them off the field.

And that is why I have been advocating a return to the run-first offense. It sounds like that is what Harbaugh is going to do too and it makes sense to return to this over the bye.

And it seems like we do this every year -- try to throw more than we should, lose a game or two -- and then recommit to Ray Rice and the running game.

When are people (Cameron, Flacco) going to realize this is not a high-powered passing offense?

Our defense sucks. We need to keep them off the field.

This QB, coordinator and head coach are entering their 5th season together. It's a shame that they after all this time they still can't figure out which type of offense they want to run.

Going in and out of the no huddle week to week isn't a good idea. Nor is having your head coach second guessing the play calling in a press conference. Our best hope is that whatever schizophrenic scheme is called, that it's just executed better by the offense.

I'm going to remain patient for now with the defense. I think it will eventually come together but it's not going to be what it was.

This QB, coordinator and head coach are entering their 5th season together. It's a shame that they after all this time they still can't figure out which type of offense they want to run.

Going in and out of the no huddle week to week isn't a good idea. Nor is having your head coach second guessing the play calling in a press conference. Our best hope is that whatever schizophrenic scheme is called, that it's just executed better by the offense.

I'm going to remain patient for now with the defense. I think it will eventually come together but it's not going to be what it was.

Agreed overall but there has never been a game when I, or anyone I know of, has said, "Ray Rice got the ball too many times".

Yet how many times have we all been up in arms saying "Why are they throwing so much?"

It's time to bring the offense back to its bread and butter, and that is Ray Rice and the play action pass.

I really don't know why they brought him back this year. His contract was up last year, they could have just let him walk and given the job to Caldwell. No hard feelings Cam, we should have gotten to the SB with you, but we're making a change.

To bring him back after 4 years of vanilla playcalling is a head scratcher.

The only reason I can think of why they brought Cam back was because of the player lockout. The Ravens may have thought that the players wouldn't have enough time to learn a new offensive system. Other than that I can't think of a reason why.

Yeah, every time I want to get upset at Harbaugh I think of the results. Regardless of some of his perceived issues with being too loyal to his assistant coaches, at the end of the day we could have been in the Super Bowl the last two years if not for receivers dropping passes they should have caught in the AFC Championship game the last two years.

I'm not Cam fan, and I would have no problem with him being fired, but I've given up any hope that Harbaugh will ever hold Cam responsible so we get what we get. He's always going to have head scratching game plans, but at the end of the day, we're 5-2 despite a defense that's pretty banged up and awful.

I'm indifferent about Cameron. Sometimes the offense looks good and other times it has me confused. Sunday the play calling had me confused.

I'm cutting Pees some slack. We're getting pushed back at the point of attack. No scheme can overcome that. If the guys up front don't win their one-on-one matchups then the defense won't be successful.

Agreed overall but there has never been a game when I, or anyone I know of, has said, "Ray Rice got the ball too many times".

Yet how many times have we all been up in arms saying "Why are they throwing so much?"

It's time to bring the offense back to its bread and butter, and that is Ray Rice and the play action pass.

Yep. Really was strange when they went right to the pass after the nice gain by Leach on first down inside their own 10. They seem to take themselves out of rythm sometimes.

Tons of great stuff in this thread so far. So nice to see an informed discussion about things as opposed to some of the stuff you hear on talk radio.

I have to start by saying I've never been a big "fire the coach" guy. And I also lean towards execution, or lack there of, being the reason for offensive struggles rather than play calling. That said, I think we've seen enough of this movie to know that it's time for something to change.

Whether it's the fact the guys like Brees and Rivers go on to put up eye popping numbers AFTER they no longer run Cam's offense, the way we so easily abandon the run on the road time and time again, the way that we seem to be the only team in the league that NEVER has a WR/TE that's not blanketed by a defender on virtually every play or the fact that Greg Cosell from NFL Films said the Cam's offense was the equivalent of "an 8 track tape."

It's so frustrating to see Brady consistently throwing to guys who are wide open. Brady is on his way to the Hall of Fame, I get that but he's not responsible for having pass catchers that are literally wide open on at least half of his completions. And it's not like NE has some group of All Pro WRs. They're mostly cast offs and Brady's top target is a 5'9"ish special teams player that Miami basically gave away and now he catches 100 balls a year.

Flacco still has some mechanical issues from time to time; he can be slow getting to the top of his drop and he fights his delivery at times but he simply can't overcome this system. How many times do we see the camera view from behind the O Line and all of our WRs are covered? If the plays are not executed to PERFECTION, they don't work. If the WR gets jammed, if the DE has a good get off and pushes the T back a bit too far, if the snap isn't crisp, etc, the play design is just too rigid to over come it.

We run too many outs, hitches and comebacks, which do not allow for YAC. We rarely send Q across the middle, which is how he made his living in Arizona. We must have the poorest route combinations in the league and we simply do too much stuff outside the numbers.

Sorry to rant a little bit....I don't know what the solution is for the immediate future. I simply don't understand how we can self scout and not see what's going on. This team has too much talent on the offensive side of the ball too not be more consistent.

Tons of great stuff in this thread so far. So nice to see an informed discussion about things as opposed to some of the stuff you hear on talk radio.

I have to start by saying I've never been a big "fire the coach" guy. And I also lean towards execution, or lack there of, being the reason for offensive struggles rather than play calling. That said, I think we've seen enough of this movie to know that it's time for something to change.

Whether it's the fact the guys like Brees and Rivers go on to put up eye popping numbers AFTER they no longer run Cam's offense, the way we so easily abandon the run on the road time and time again, the way that we seem to be the only team in the league that NEVER has a WR/TE that's not blanketed by a defender on virtually every play or the fact that Greg Cosell from NFL Films said the Cam's offense was the equivalent of "an 8 track tape."

It's so frustrating to see Brady consistently throwing to guys who are wide open. Brady is on his way to the Hall of Fame, I get that but he's not responsible for having pass catchers that are literally wide open on at least half of his completions. And it's not like NE has some group of All Pro WRs. They're mostly cast offs and Brady's top target is a 5'9"ish special teams player that Miami basically gave away and now he catches 100 balls a year.

Flacco still has some mechanical issues from time to time; he can be slow getting to the top of his drop and he fights his delivery at times but he simply can't overcome this system. How many times do we see the camera view from behind the O Line and all of our WRs are covered? If the plays are not executed to PERFECTION, they don't work. If the WR gets jammed, if the DE has a good get off and pushes the T back a bit too far, if the snap isn't crisp, etc, the play design is just too rigid to over come it.

We run too many outs, hitches and comebacks, which do not allow for YAC. We rarely send Q across the middle, which is how he made his living in Arizona. We must have the poorest route combinations in the league and we simply do too much stuff outside the numbers.

Sorry to rant a little bit....I don't know what the solution is for the immediate future. I simply don't understand how we can self scout and not see what's going on. This team has too much talent on the offensive side of the ball too not be more consistent.

I don't understand it either. Are they so hung up on needing to become "what wins in the NFL today"

that they don't see their own problems? Theres a poster(don't remember who) that often states this coaching staff is what the Ravens problem is, and has been in the past. I'm thinking he may be right.