Ooooooohhhh!!!!

Astronomy, Cosmology, and Telescopes

This is from the New York Post so take it with a grain (or a pound) of salt!

NASA scientists detect evidence of parallel universe where time runs backward

image.jpg

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/nasa-finds-evidence-of-parallel-universe-where-time-runs-backward-report/

I don't understand this science at all. Something about a balloon detector over Antarctica detecting some kind of neutrinos. WAY over my head. Just putting it out there.

For anyone who's interested, SpaceX is sending their first MANNED spaceship Dragon to the ISS today. 4:30 scheduled liftoff. Here is the live feed from NASA from Cape Canaveral, FL.

Dang! They just scrubbed the launch because of weather. At about T minus 17 minutes. Oh well, they're now going to try again Saturday the 30th at 3:22 pm.

HA! The two astronauts are name Bob and Doug. Don't know if it's MacKenzie...

Attempt #2! NASA just came on live. The launch (attempt) today goes off at 3:22 pm. Godspeed John Glenn!

About 20 minutes. I'm a geek but I find this just riveting! I've been watching ALL the pre-flight coverage for a over three hours now. 😛

22 hours ago, scOtt said:

SpaceX crew onboard the ISS!

SpaceX_crew_onboard_the_ISS!_5_31_20.jpg

Doug (right) hit his head and took a bleeding chunk out of it coming through the hatch. Anatoly (far left) likes to party. I'm certain. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, weams said:

Doug (right) hit his head and took a bleeding chunk out of it coming through the hatch. Anatoly (far left) likes to party. I'm certain. 

I saw that. It's been 9+ years since he's been up there. I guess he's rusty. 😛

• Thanks 1

The comet NEOWISE (named after the space telescope that discovered it.) Visible in the morning low on the horizon toward the NE. In the evening low toward the NW.

A view of it from the ISS. I don't know if this will embed... If not you can see the vid on the Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2020_F3_(NEOWISE)

<iframe src="//commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NEOWISE_from_the_International_space_station.webm?embedplayer=yes" width="854" height="480" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2020 at 4:02 PM, scOtt said:

For anyone who's interested, SpaceX is sending their first MANNED spaceship Dragon to the ISS today. 4:30 scheduled liftoff. Here is the live feed from NASA from Cape Canaveral, FL.

The SpaceX crew is coming home today at 5:15. THE most dangerous phase of the mission. Godspeed!

Here is a vid of a farewell ceremony

Here is a link to the live feed. Be dere or be square! I hope they're down before O's gametime or I'll miss it. Because I'll be glued to this. ;)