Ooooooohhhh!!!!

Astronomy, Cosmology, and Telescopes

This is from the New York Post so take it with a grain (or a pound) of salt!

NASA scientists detect evidence of parallel universe where time runs backward

image.jpg

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/nasa-finds-evidence-of-parallel-universe-where-time-runs-backward-report/

I don't understand this science at all. Something about a balloon detector over Antarctica detecting some kind of neutrinos. WAY over my head. Just putting it out there.

For anyone who's interested, SpaceX is sending their first MANNED spaceship Dragon to the ISS today. 4:30 scheduled liftoff. Here is the live feed from NASA from Cape Canaveral, FL.

Dang! They just scrubbed the launch because of weather. At about T minus 17 minutes. Oh well, they're now going to try again Saturday the 30th at 3:22 pm.

HA! The two astronauts are name Bob and Doug. Don't know if it's MacKenzie...

Attempt #2! NASA just came on live. The launch (attempt) today goes off at 3:22 pm. Godspeed John Glenn!

About 20 minutes. I'm a geek but I find this just riveting! I've been watching ALL the pre-flight coverage for a over three hours now. 😛

22 hours ago, scOtt said:

SpaceX crew onboard the ISS!

SpaceX_crew_onboard_the_ISS!_5_31_20.jpg

Doug (right) hit his head and took a bleeding chunk out of it coming through the hatch. Anatoly (far left) likes to party. I'm certain. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, weams said:

Doug (right) hit his head and took a bleeding chunk out of it coming through the hatch. Anatoly (far left) likes to party. I'm certain. 

I saw that. It's been 9+ years since he's been up there. I guess he's rusty. 😛

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• “I remember a moment from when we were teammates in Cedar Rapids,” O’Day said. “Mark was like, ‘Hey Darren, l want to throw a flat-ground tomorrow; come out to the outfield early, before batting practice. I want you to tell me if I’ve still got the stuff.’ I went out there and caught him, and he still had it. He had a good four-seamer with late jump — the one that everybody wants now, where it kind of looks like the ball accelerates — and he had a really good changeup as well. Mark was considering being a pitcher again, but then he was able to figure out the hitting part and went on to have a good career.” O’Day couldn’t have followed a similar path. Not even close. “Casual baseball fans — people who go to the games like social events — sometimes ask me if I’m a good hitter,” said O’Day. “I’m like, ‘No,’ and they say, ‘Why not?’ Then have to explain that it’s two completely different skill sets. They’ll be like ‘Oh, wow. I never really thought of it like that.’ So for those guys — the select few that have have both skill sets — it’s pretty cool to see. They’re unicorns, man.” https://blogs.fangraphs.com/sunday-notes-kyle-boddy-is-bullish-on-hunter-greene/
    • Oh absolutely. To be clear, I wasn't denigrating the gesture, any amount of money would be generous. Was just trying to address that there's no way that's all the org was paying their minor leaguers in total.
    • https://www.sugarlandskeeters.com/news/constellation-energy-league-announces-preliminary-player-pool Sugarland Skeeters are starting their own one-stadium, four-team independent league. They've announced the player pool. Former Oriole farm hands Jordan Kipper, Taylor Grover, and Tucker Nathans are representing. "Lightning Sloths" is an exciting name. Interested to see the jerseys on those guys.
    • Initial post in thread updated for July 5 camp notes.
    • Don’t know. Is it a league wide issue or just isolated to the Nationals? Did they order stuff later than others?    There are a few questions.
    • From what I read, I’d tend to give a little break on the testing delay.  At least in Doolittle’s case.  For some reason he got tested on Friday instead of Wednesday.  It’s Sunday of a holiday weekend.     Cant speak to the lack of PPE though.
  • Popular Contributors