McNulty

Breakdown of Flacco road/home

Dude get a grip just because some of us don't think Flacco is the best ever does not make us horrible band wagon fans.

Well said. No need for direct insults like that. I am Ravens through and through, but I also know

how to lay off the cool aid.

Dude get a grip just because some of us don't think Flacco is the best ever does not make us horrible band wagon fans.

Yes, clearly Flacco is the best ever. I call him that every week, I call him "elite" every week. I know Joe's flaws as well anyone. I also see what what half this spoiled fanbase apparently doesn't see as well, which is a good QB. I'm serious though, a part of me wants Joe to leave. Stick it to this fanbase. Lets see what your boy Harbaugh can do with the next man up at QB.

Yes, clearly Flacco is the best ever. I call him that every week, I call him "elite" every week. I know Joe's flaws as well anyone. I also see what what half this spoiled fanbase apparently doesn't see as well, which is a good QB. I'm serious though, a part of me wants Joe to leave. Stick it to this fanbase. Lets see what your boy Harbaugh can do with the next man up at QB.

Let me just pretend to agree with you for one post that he is a good qb. Would you give him

the elite money he wants?

Let me just pretend to agree with you for one post that he is a good qb. Would you give him

the elite money he wants?

Dude first let me say that you think Tyord Taylor is the answer. Really??

And yes, you pay Flacco the same kind of money Rivers got, the same kind of money Ryan got and will get with his next contract, the same kind of money Sam Bradford got(lol). The same kind of money Eli got for doing less than Joe as a reg season QB but won a SB because Asante Samuel can't catch an INT and David Tyree can make arguably the luckiest, hailmary grab ever. It's the going rate for the QBs in the same class as Flacco. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude but if you can't understand that Joe is a franchise QB we have nothing to talk about further. I told you to give me some ideas in the other thread should Flacco walk and you gave me nothing. Not one thing. The only thing I've seen is a vague 'No cnfidence in TT"?? i assume that means you think Tyrod Taylor can be a Qb who can win as many games as Flacco. Seriously, we can debate all day just how good Flacco is. That is something none of us will win one way or the other. The only thing that can be said is he isn't in the superstar HOF category like Manning, Brady, Brees, likely Rodgers and he is clearly above average. Where in the middle of that you want to argue I can accept. In so many ways it's subjective. But I refuse to argue Joe's merits any further with someone who thinks he's mediocre at best. That's just an absurd statement as I laid out in my last post in the postgame thread. Mediocre Qbs don;t win at the rate Joe has won over 5 years. He's the definition of a franchise QB when 2/3 of the league is always looking for a QB just like Joe Flacco. If Joe hit the open market this spring half of the league would be looking to sign him. That is the definition of a franchise QB.

Edited by ccbird

You make Flacco a very fair offer...pay him a deal slightly above the deal Ryan Fitzpatrick got. If he takes it, great. If he rejects it, that's OK too.

I love Flacco and I hope he remains a Ravens his whole career but we don't need to overspend to keep him. It will be a long tough road if we have to find a new QB, but it's worth it to not overspend for varying degrees of mediocrity.

It's such a dysfunctional offense. It just never gets better and continues to be an offense that stops themselves instead of putting it on a defense.

Last night was a perfect example.

When the Steelers went cover 2 and single high, a smart offense would've adjusted and kept that look on the field. Instead we ran plays that had very little chance of being successfull more than once.

Torrey Smith was terribe in his routes and couldn't get outside. Joe Flacco was asked to make throws into tough coverage and he was poor at it.

It's just the same thing over and over again. I could've made this post two years ago and just copied and pasted it.

The Ravens don't get better on offense, they just have good games here and there.

• Upvote 1

It's such a dysfunctional offense. It just never gets better and continues to be an offense that stops themselves instead of putting it on a defense.

When the Steelers went cover 2 and single high, a smart offense would've adjusted and kept that look on the field. Instead we ran plays that had very little chance of being successfull more than once.

Torrey Smith was terribe in his routes and couldn't get outside. Joe Flacco was asked to make throws into tough coverage and he was poor at it.

It's just the same thing over and over again. I could've made this post two years ago and just copied and pasted it.

The Ravens don't get better on offense, they just have good games here and there.

God my neck hurts from nodding so damn much right now.

You make Flacco a very fair offer...pay him a deal slightly above the deal Ryan Fitzpatrick got. If he takes it, great. If he rejects it, that's OK too.

I love Flacco and I hope he remains a Ravens his whole career but we don't need to overspend to keep him. It will be a long tough road if we have to find a new QB, but it's worth it to not overspend for varying degrees of mediocrity.

How is that "very fair"? Flacco is significantly better than Fitzpatrick.

How is that "very fair"? Flacco is significantly better than Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, because Fitz's deal was insane and like it or not, Flacco is in that middle-of-the-pack tier of QB's along with Fitzpatrick.

If Joe insists on being paid as an elite QB after this year, which is shaping up to be his worst, then he can go try to find that paycheck elsewhere.

Like I said, I want him here...forever...but if he's going to have an inflated view of himself like that, then that's just too bad.

But they'll re-sign him....and hopefully get a OC in here who can call plays that fit the personnel we have on offense.

Fitz got overpaid though too.

In the top line number, sure, but 23 million guaranteed isn't that crazy for him.

I think we're all on the same page here, but hey...I want to pay this guy whatever he wants. You don't find QBs that can make throws like Joe can. Fitz can't make throws that Joe can. Period.

If you want to worry about wasted money, over pay Joe a bit, find a good OC that wants to help him learn and develop and cut the guy loose. Joe isn't going require Brees like money no matter what, but any premium we pay to Joe will be worth it.

Think about it like replacement level QBs. And imagine Chad Henne or Tyrod Taylor here next year. This team has been rebuilt to feature the offense and dumping the QB in the middle of that shift would be catastrophic.

And yet Cam Cameron is still the OC?

Does anyone in the Ravens organization realize how poorly he is unable to use his personnel to their strengths?

Or does he get a pass because everyone is so happy about the making the playoffs the last 4 years?

And yet Cam Cameron is still the OC?

Does anyone in the Ravens organization realize how poorly he is unable to use his personnel to their strengths?

Or does he get a pass because everyone is so happy about the making the playoffs the last 4 years?

I really think that this weighs on the minds of people in the castle. If the Ravens slid back and missed the playoffs, I honestly think Cam would be gone. When you've made it to at least the divisional round of the playoffs four years in a row, and the AFC title game twice, frustrating endings or not that's success that a lot of teams in the NFL want, and I think there are some folks in the Ravens brass who are content with that and aren't willing to make major changes simply because they've been successful, and honestly I don't know if that's any different from other teams when they've had sustained success over time. You can say the same exact thing about the Eagles over the last decade despite coming up short in pretty much the same fashion as the Ravens, not a lot of wholesale changes from a coaching standpoint. Hey, maybe that's where Harbaugh gets it from.