ChaosLex

O's have reached out to Swisher's agent

Probably not newsworthy (we've probably checked in with everyone), but it doesn't seem like much else is going on before the Winter Meetings. Figured I might as well throw out this nugget.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2012/11/29/nick-swisher-prepares-for-free-agency-baby/1736499/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=449762

This is gonna be the guy taking Reynolds spot I would guess. He can play 1b and LF. It doesn't get much better than that for us. He can potentially take up either hole in the field right now.

No? You say no just that easy? Swisher is not a sexy name, he's not superstar but he's one of most consistent guys around here. Yeah, he was kind of useless against Baltimore in playoffs but you have to make playoffs first. Swisher helps to your team to accomplished that. You know he's going to give you terrific production every season. I just wonder how capable he's at first base?

No? You say no just that easy? Swisher is not a sexy name, he's not superstar but he's one of most consistent guys around here. Yeah, he was kind of useless against Baltimore in playoffs but you have to make playoffs first. Swisher helps to your team to accomplished that. You know he's going to give you terrific production every season. I just wonder how capable he's at first base?

This all day. I'd take him in a heartbeat. If he was wearing an Orioles uniform I'd love that smirk.

On top of everything else I liked his interview too. I liked his comments about being excited to be a Dad for the first time.

Edited by Prayin4Reign

The thought of Swisher in the Oriole clubhouse makes my skin crawl. I don't know how I'd feel if it actually happened and he was productive and helped the O's win some games but on the surface it makes me cringe.

I'm already in a mood because I wanted Reynolds back. Hearing they have interest in Swisher makes me want to barf.

The thought of Swisher in the Oriole clubhouse makes my skin crawl. I don't know how I'd feel if it actually happened and he was productive and helped the O's win some games but on the surface it makes me cringe.

Yeah obviously I just want them to win but man, I just don't think I could stomach this.

We sign him---bet he has a CWS year..... Let's see--4 years older than Reynolds and almost twice as expensive. Worst of all though is that dam Yankee smirk.........

4 teams need a 1B: BOS, CLE, TB, and O's. BOS will sign either Swisher or LaRoche. Reynolds will go to either TB or CLE IMO. If CLE trains in AZ then I bet it's them. The O's will get Davis.