Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Holy Hell, that's amazing.

Since I'm only on page four, I reserve the right to retract my amazement, but wow...

Holy crap! What a reference! This is one of my favorite quotes from The Sun Also Rises. I say this to my girlfriend all the time.

When old age shall this generation waste,

Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe

Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,

'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all

Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get out of here.

This one made me laugh. I always liked Hedberg.

I remember Nuclear Dish pretty well. She had interesting info from working in the Oriole Clubhouse in the late 90's. Changed how I thought of Mike Mussina. And not in a good way.

She moved to Israel and I guess has much more important things to worry about now.

Wonder if she tried to see any of the games that the Israeli Baseball League tried?

It would be nice to have alsigko back. Not sure where he got his information, but he was spot on with guys like Joey Votto and Dustin Pedroia early in their minor league careers. Also a nice and responsive guy with PMs.

Tony, a nice gesture in this thread on your part. We all live and learn - the good posters and the immature ones.

BTW, I do not know who was banned and who wasn't, but IMO this "welcome back" gesture should also be extended to folks who weren't banned but decided to move on as long as some folks are being tracked down. Guys like Mackus, mweb, markpolis, they carried informed opinions and discussed and disagreed with enthusiasm and respect.

Hello Hoosiers! Dustin Pedroia certainly brings back memories....he played on a pretty good ASU team that included Andre Ethier and Jeff Larish. I was always saddened that Larish never could convert the success he had in his Junior year into a career in the MFL. I did see him several times when he was with the Tigers organization and they came through Richmond. One at bat, he saw about 24 pitches before he knocked a single into RF and took second....later scored the tieing run. I still believe that when the game is on the line, he would be a good guy to have at the plate.

• Upvote 3

You shouldn't feel special. He called half this board a douche at 1 time or another. Maybe that was part of his charm.:rolleyes:

I feel left out now! I'm going to ask SG to call me a douche on BSL now so I can be part of the club.

Hello Hoosiers! Dustin Pedroia certainly brings back memories....he played on a pretty good ASU team that included Andre Ethier and Jeff Larish. I was always saddened that Larish never could convert the success he had in his Junior year into a career in the MFL. I did see him several times when he was with the Tigers organization and they came through Richmond. One at bat, he saw about 24 pitches before he knocked a single into RF and took second....later scored the tieing run. I still believe that when the game is on the line, he would be a good guy to have at the plate.

Welcome back. I am sure Tony will be thrilled.

I feel left out now! I'm going to ask SG to call me a douche on BSL now so I can be part of the club.

Everything you need to know is in the thread to bsl that was linked earlier. When he looks in every once in a while he notices that while the board is more popular now that the analysis just isn't as good anymore. Because, you know, he's not driving 90% of the threads. Guy knows a bunch about baseball but refuses to believe that anyone that doesn't agree 100% with him isn't a moron. Too bad really, but life is mostly about how you treat other people.

Hopefully, this is welcome back for good. I think Tony will be happy and the board will be better off for it!

I made it through about 20 pages. All I want to know is what was in the ventilation system during that thread?

It seemed well punctuated and normally Capitalized.

and yes, I am now a fan of Nick Markakis. He proved he deserved a Gold Glove and is now truly a Gold Glover. He is also a great leadoff hitter or #2 hitter but i still don't like him hitting third.

Speaking of needing an ambulance... holy freakin' crap... I can't believe this just happened!!!! :eek:

Oh, and welcome back!

I wish to thank Tony for this generous amnesty offer he extended as my first post. I am truly humble and greatful for this opportunity. I don't mean to sound like a politician but I sincerely mean this. I have missed interacting with many of you and am saddened that some of my favorite posters (even though I used to argue with them to the extreme) like Sports Guy and Shackleford are not active anymore. I do not have as much time on my hands to post anymore and honestly, have not been reading anything here since my banning. I post on the sun site as some of you may know. I love this site much more because no Yankee fans here and the quality of posts are light years above the sun. I am going to the Ravens game tomorrow and will be screaming my lungs out when Ray comes out of the tunnel. My son will be with me in case I over due it and 911 must be called.:laughlol: Thee were so many wonderful things last year with the Orioles I was on cloud nine. The only thing I am sorry about this off season was losing Reynolds. He struck out a lot but I loved his heart and his power and defense at first. I will miss him as he was a gamer. I also really like Chris Davis, Machado, and yes, I am now a fan of Nick Markakis. He proved he deserved a Gold Glove and is now truly a Gold Glover. He is also a great leadoff hitter or #2 hitter but i still don't like him hitting third. I love Nate McClouth and so glad we have him back. I would like to see them sign Joe Saunders. I like Matusz in the BP. I will be looking forward to discussing these players but didn't want to overload anyone on my first post back. Again, hello to all my old friends and it is great to be back! Go O's!!!

Welcome back.