Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

If I start breaking into "We are Fam-A-Lee", do I get the neg rep wrath of all the old school O's fans?

Willie Died. Don't take any chances.

Absolutely. I turn the radio if that song comes on. I once walked out of Baja Beach Club when they played it.

You have to draw the line somewhere. What's next, using Mayflower Moving Company to move my belongings?

There are simply some lines that can't be crossed.

It was bad song before they polluted it further. There is a line. And the Colts are not coming home for the playoffs.

Who's some posters you all would like to see return? I'd like to see SportsGuy, although he's a mod for another site nowadays.

Maybe2050 always had well reasoned posts. :P

I for one welcome the return of bikiniarmstrong.
As long as there are no Nationals Overlords, I guess I can deal.

As long as there are no Nationals Overlords, I guess I can deal.

I keep seeing bikiniarmstrong references.

What is a bikiniarmstrong, and how/why did it scar the OH's collective psyche?

Who's some posters you all would like to see return? I'd like to see SportsGuy, although he's a mod for another site nowadays.

Maybe just for the month prior to the trade deadline?! ;)

I keep seeing bikiniarmstrong references.

What is a bikiniarmstrong, and how/why did it scar the OH's collective psyche?

slide_244897_1381670_large.jpg

Semper Fi

Sammybirdland!!

I have no posters in mind when I decided to do this, and trust me when I say there are some that I hope don't take me up on the offer, but at the same time, sometimes you have to bury the hatchet. This is more towards people who may have signed up for multiple accounts or had a bad day and ended up getting themselves banned. I want to give them another shot. As for Oldfan, I never wanted to ban him. He was a good guy when we chatted through e-mail, but he was just causing too many problems.

Either way, I thought it would be a nice gesture but that of course didn't stop one poster from passively attacking the moderation like we were to be blamed for the bannings. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's about on par with his normal attitude. Some people just can't stand good-will and will try to turn it around into something negative.

Passive attack? Oh my! It wasn't an attack. Just some advice for the New Year.

There are certainly some who were banned who check it out still. I think it's a great gesture but I also think there needs to be more of this attitude (taking the high road) to prevent bans from happening in the first place. A lot of good posters have been banned over the years.

So much for the gesture. You get neg repped by the big guy for saying something so terrible as the above. Like I said, I've been posting here from nearly the beginning. Like to think I've said some nice things and supported Tony over the years but God help you if you actually call him out on anything. Some good posters and long time supporters have been banned. That's the truth. Confrontations with Tony are member suicide no matter how long you've been around. Maybe I'll come back as Bilbo Baggins!

• Upvote 2

I'd like to get the full band back together, so to speak, but it's not that easy to do. Some very strong personalities have left this site over the years. Some just happen to be very knowledgeable about baseball, others funny, some are connected to industry sources and some are just really annoying with very strong and bad opinions. A couple fit that last description for sure.

I feel like this IS a mod issue, but I don't mean that in a derogatory way. This sort of reminds me of my wife's job, which is an assistant principal of a middle school. She never needs to worry about 90% of the kids. However, they're always looking for ways to better handle the kids they have more problems with. Right now, her whole county is doing better because of their intervention strategies. That doesn't mean that all the current principals and assistant principals are better than their predecessors. It just means that the county as a whole has thought through how to deal with their various personalities/situations better than they had in the past.

Tony's an adult dealing with adults, but it seems to me that moderating a website certainly has its parallels, not the least of which is the self-interest inherent in maintaining the best and most knowledgeable membership that he can.

With all of that said, it's easier to tell others to hold hands and sing kumbaya than it is telling them how to accomplish that goal. This peace offer is a nice step, but probably one of many steps which need to be considered over time. Making Mr. weams a moderator was another step, and a damn good one IMO.

*** and no, I'm not calling former posters a bunch of children.

Edited by LookinUp